How to use Multican between two AURIX™ Application Kit TC297 TFT

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19462
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
Hello,

I have tried the example MULTICAN_1_KIT_TC297_TFT on AURIX™ Application Kit TC297 TFT and it works. I have generated the example with AURIX™ Development Studio, selecting option Import -> AURIX Development Studio Project -> MULTICAN_1_KIT_TC297_TFT
I can see the the loopback mode is enabled. In file MULTICAN.c

g_multican.canNodeConfig.loopBackMode = TRUE;

With loopback enabled I can see that as soon as I send a CAN message it is received.

Now I want to connect two Aurix Application Kit TC297 TFT using their CAN ports.

I have tried to disable the loopback.

g_multican.canNodeConfig.loopBackMode = TRUE;

for node 1 and node 2.

One board sends CAN messages (by calling transmitCanMessage() ) and the other just checks if there is any message read. I have only changed in the example

I have connected the CAN port of both board as indicated in the figure https://www.infineonforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4686&d=1588338543&thumb=1

I have connected pin2 to pin2, pin3 to pin3 and pin4 to pin4.

But I don't receive any message. And actually the sending of the message I get error code IfxMultican_Status_notSentBusy.

What else do I need to do to get two boards communicating over CAN?

Thanks for your help,
Francis.
0 Likes
2 Replies
MarkusNoll
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 likes received 25 sign-ins
Did you already check with the scope if you can see communication on CANH/CANL or if there are signals present at the CAN-PHY's RXD/TXD pins?

It seems like this project is a pure internal loopback based example.
You have to disable the loopback-mode and configure the pins/ports to the correct IO configuration for interfacing the CAN-phy (P20.7 for RXD, P20.8 for TXD).
0 Likes
User19462
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked
Hi MarkusNoll

Thanks for you help. I think there is nothing in the CANH/CANL or the other CAN pins. But I don't have an oscilloscope to check.

Do you know how I can configure the pins/ports?
Where can I find P20.7 for RXD, P20.8 for TXD? What document do you refer to?

Is there any other example which is not a pure internal loopback, but something that can be used to connect the physical CAN pins?

Thanks for helping.
Francisco Merino.
0 Likes