infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Banner_DigitalMotorController Banner_IMM100_Series Banner_IMC100Series Banner_IRMCSeries Banner_iMotionApplicationKit

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trouble running low bemf bldc on IMM101T

New Member New Member mailiam is on a distinguished road

Trouble running low bemf bldc on IMM101T

Hi, I'm new to iMotion and have trouble running small bldc which is for hdd spindle with recently bought EVAL-IMM101T-046

I've measured and configured parameter with MCEWizard, but the wizard complains that it can not set low back emf constant.

I thought IMM100 is supposed to be used for small bldc, am I doing something wrong?

Below is measured parameters

I would definitely be appreciated for any help, thank you.

Nidec 275F-42MY-01
    Rated Amps = 0.6 A
    Motor Poles = 12
    Stator Resistance = 2.975 ohms / phase
    Inductance = 0.3822 mH / phase
    Back emf constant = 0.1260V / 44.64Hz * 6 * 3.4 = 0.5758V
    (according to https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infine...-v01_00-EN.pdf)
    Last edited by mailiam; Jul 5th, 2020 at 11:17 PM.

just a wip update

I finally managed to get it run sluggishly,

- change norminal DCP to much lower 24V, changed high side resistor to 200k
    - make minimal rpm much higher so flux is picked up.
    - set starting open loop current ramp to 100%

I still have trouble tuning to start with angle sensing and rotating with attachment inertia throws Flux PLL out-of-control exception.
    Last edited by mailiam; Jul 5th, 2020 at 11:24 PM.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    snget2 is on a distinguished road
    1. Is this 3 phase motor?
    2. What is motor max speed, or rated speed?
    3. Are you able to run the motor normally without a load?
    4. How is start up with no load?
    Last edited by snget2; Jul 20th, 2020 at 02:13 PM.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Quote Originally Posted by snget2 View Post
    1. Is this 3 phase motor?
    2. What is motor max speed, or rated speed?
    3. Are you able to run the motor normally without a load?
    4. How is start up with no load?
    Thank you for stopping by,

1. it is 3 phase bldc motor
    2. I was able to run the motor up to 9000+ RPM with DRV11873
    3. Running in open loop works, but it fails when changing to closed loop with speed control.
    does not seem to work properly with loads in both open/closed loop, I assume it may handle the load since initial angle sensing is able to jerk with the load.
    4. Open loop accelerating is ok, after that either Flux PLL out-of-control or Gatekill Fault throws

I've attached photo of disassembled motor for reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nidec.png
Views:	2
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	4994

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    snget2 is on a distinguished road
    1. Did you Verify parameters are properly measured? Resistance, for example, should be (phase-to-phase / 2). When running the motor without load, check the Flx_M trace value. If it is > 2048 counts, increase Ke value until Flx_M is stable and at 2048 counts. Next, follow the Software Reference Manual v1.3 Section 4.
    2. IMM101T-046 is meant for high voltage (230VAC line connected applications). It is not optimized for low voltage applications. Consider our other evaluation boards for low voltage
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

+ Reply to Thread