Programming IRPS5401 on DB295 Demo Board

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChHo_1051296
Level 1
Level 1
I’m experimenting with the DB295, which contains IRPS5401 and TDA21240. I’ve created the board design that I want in IR PowIRCenter build 7143. I eventually found how to save the programming config file. But I’ve not found a way to actually program the device using USB005.

If I “Auto Populate Devices” the I2C works and I can view and adjust the supply parameters. The messages say don’t program the board with the supplies regulating so I guess I have to disable all the supplies using their enable switches. Whether I do or don’t disable, as soon as I load my design PowIRCenter shows "no I2C".

If I don’t load my design, so the I2C is running, if I try to use the RockyR2 Device Programmer from the utilities tab, I don’t get the option to select my programming file and I guess it just programs another copy of the configuration already in the device.

If I use the Multi Device Programmer from the Icons, I can load my programming file. However, either with all the supplies disabled or enabled, “Check MTP Left” works but “Program and verify” fails (error : Device 1 User section programming failed). I check the user box but not the MFR/CNFG box – I’m not sure what the MFR/CNFG box is for but there are limited writes available.

I’m pretty sure I don’t need an active licence though I’m struggling to locate that again in the documentation. Can anyone give a clue what I’m doing wrong?
0 Likes
0 Replies