Start bldc motor in different voltage imm101t

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted
Hi,
I am try to start BLDC in range of voltage from 150VAC to 240VAC. But i usually have to tune some parameter to start the motor.
What is the best way to tune the best parameter to start the motor in variety of voltage?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
huyrua291996 wrote:
Hi,
I am try to start BLDC in range of voltage from 150VAC to 240VAC. But i usually have to tune some parameter to start the motor.
What is the best way to tune the best parameter to start the motor in variety of voltage?

Hello, I would use MCEWizard to generate a parameter text with the parameters you would like. Here you can set the DC Bust over-voltage and under-voltage level.
0 Likes
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Casey,
I have already set DC bus under and over voltage. When switching from 220VAC to 150VAC, I always have to modify some params to make the motor start, which is inconvenient when it comes to fan applications
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
huyrua291996 wrote:
Hi Casey,
I have already set DC bus under and over voltage. When switching from 220VAC to 150VAC, I always have to modify some params to make the motor start, which is inconvenient when it comes to fan applications

Normally the inverter output should not be affected by the DC bus voltage thanks to DC bus compensation. What are the parameters that need to be tuned at different input voltage conditions? What is the start-up method used? A script can be used to load up different parameter values but this shouldn't be required as I think its just a tuning issue.
0 Likes
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks Casey, I got it. I use intial angle sensing to start-up.After serveral times tuning, I realize my flux estimator time constant was not good enough and finally I found the best one. In addition, I used script to adjust a little bit KpSreg value
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
huyrua291996 wrote:
Thanks Casey, I got it. I use intial angle sensing to start-up.After serveral times tuning, I realize my flux estimator time constant was not good enough and finally I found the best one. In addition, I used script to adjust a little bit KpSreg value

Glad to hear!
0 Likes