Implementing different radar system based on the doppler

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19728
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
Hello,

I am a student at the University of Trento, Italy. I am currently working on Distance2go board as part of my thesis project. I am facing problem regarding data processing on the board. The raw I and Q data is recevied in MATLAB via the communication library. The data received doesn't show any changes for a stationary object while for moving object shows spikes. My application requires me to observe stationary object. The firmware uploaded to the board is modified version of the generic firmware provided by infineon. The MATLAB script is developed to send pulse, turn off the radar, change frequency and repeat the process.

Is the I and Q data preprocessed before MATLAB receives it? Is there any filtering performed on the data which I am not aware of. Also, what would be timing delay the MATLAB script to actually control the radar? and will this timing delays effect the appication? Let me know if more information is needed to help with this particular problem. According to theory, I should get a spike in magnitude for each object placed between radar and reflector, but I can't even get a spike for the reflector.
0 Likes
0 Replies