SCR example in BIFACES not working, trap error occur

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17451
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked
Dear members,

I'm trying to evaluate SCR using an example in BIFACE. (BaseFramework_TC39B / ScrBaseFramework_TC3xx).

BIFACES : 1.0.3
Compiler(i51/triCore)/Debugger : TASKING
triboard tc3x7 adas

however, it doesn't work well and trap happened which is - IfxCpu_Trap_contextMangementError, not reach main().

Could you let me know how to fix it and what's the root cause ?

regards,
0 Likes
6 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
The latest iLLD version is v1.0.1.11.0 have you tried this?

Have you also just tried a project without the SCR and does this run ok?
0 Likes
User17451
Level 2
Level 2
Hello.

thank you for your reply.

Yes, I checked other example/demo and these were no problem.

Best regards,
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
I am not sure why the context management trap would be different on the SCR example.

Can you provide the information from the "trapWatch" struct? This can help to find out what is going wrong... In particular the TIN and the address where the TRAP occured.

What is the target device you are working with the TC39x?
0 Likes
User17451
Level 2
Level 2
Hello.
thank you for your message.

device is TC397

I cannot check the value "trapWatch" but seems to occur trap. there may happen something wrong.

I'm also considering other way, from AP32465, I can read "The standby entry flow also includes configuration steps of the System Control Unit (SCU) if it is necessary for an application"

and I can find the example "SCU_Power_Down_Standby" in github, https://github.com/Infineon/AURIX_code_examples

What is the relation between SCU and SCR ?

Best regards,
0 Likes
User17451
Level 2
Level 2
Recently, ADS had been updated and added TC3x examples.

However, The demo "SCU_Power_Down_Standby" for TC3x had been dropped.

Why is the demo dropped ?

Best regards,
0 Likes
cwunder
Employee
Employee
shimizus3106 wrote:
What is the relation between SCU and SCR ?

The SCU is the System Control Unit and controls the a lot of the device system behavior that also includes the Power Management System (which has its own chapter in the user's manual). The SCR is seperate 8-bit microcontroller (has its own chapter) that is contained in the PMS. The SCR is an item that can be configured to run (in any power mode, however primarily intended to be used in Standby mode).

Note: ADS only supports the TriCore ISA for code generation. A SCR compiler is not included in the ADS.

With ADS you can place the AURIX into Standby mode and wake the AURIX without the SCR.

What example are you looking for concerning Standby (and are you doing this with a 397 TriBoard/Appkit or your own hardware)?
0 Likes