XMC1300 PMSMFOCH05_Example1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a XMC1300 CPU Card and PMSW_LV15W card for just about a week now, and tried a few BLDC and PMSM example projects, which are very helpful for me to understand DAVE better and get started. I observed that with PMSMFOCH05_Example1_XMC13, the motor will run a few rotations and then stop. This could be some feature that I can leverage for certain applications. Does anyone know how it is implemented, and how to enable and disable it?

I also tried to hand build PMSM_Motor_xSpy_FOCSL examples, and finally get the everything work out yesterday. There is an nuance for the units of actual speed and reference speed. Although I set them to RPM as shown in the illustration slides, once the communication started, the RPM will be overwritten to int32. Could anyone also point out where to correct it?

Thanks!

Yuwei
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Yu Wei,

I have seen that you are asking two question here, please correct me if I am wrong.
1. You are using PMSMFOCH05_Example1_XMC13 to spin the PMSM_1LV15W Motor. I assume your pin assignment on hall sensors is correct.
- Firstly, you download the program into your MCU, remove the jlink cable and reset the 24V power supply. The main reason is one of the hall sensor P0.15 is sharing with one of the programming pin of XMC1302. It causes instability for both signals.

2. The unit display on xSPY is showing int32 instead of RPM
- Currently the xSPY supports displaying the type of defined variables. We are still working on it for the improvement. However, you might want to use text label to show RPM for temporary solution.
0 Likes
Funmix
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
This is due to the bookit board and Jlink connection is not well design. In upcoming application kit, we will improve on this.
0 Likes
Arno
Employee
Employee
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted
Hi,

there is an easy solution for the problem of debugging of HALL sensor based control schemes, which makes use of the single pin debug (SPD) feature of XMC1300.

* First you have to set the BMI to SPD0 (P0.14). You can use the change BMI function of DAVE.
* Then you can switch the SWCLK DIP switch of the J-Link part of the XMC1300 boot kit into OFF position.

This will release the signal P0.15 in high impedance state. As P0.15 is used as HALL input pin, these steps are mandatory for HALL sensor base control schemes.

Best Regards,
Arno
0 Likes
User13862
Level 1
Level 1
Arno wrote:
Hi,

there is an easy solution for the problem of debugging of HALL sensor based control schemes, which makes use of the single pin debug (SPD) feature of XMC1300.

* First you have to set the BMI to SPD0 (P0.14). You can use the change BMI function of DAVE.
* Then you can switch the SWCLK DIP switch of the J-Link part of the XMC1300 boot kit into OFF position.

This will release the signal P0.15 in high impedance state. As P0.15 is used as HALL input pin, these steps are mandatory for HALL sensor base control schemes.

Best Regards,
Arno

I have not found this to make any difference .. the motor still spins about 12-16 few times. and then stops.
0 Likes