IMM101T046 programming

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted
I am using EVAL IMM101T046 kit and I can program well with MCEDesigner.
But if I want to design my own IMM101T board, can I program it via UART and my USB to UART device by MCEDesigner.
If not, what is the solution for my own board to program firmware for IC.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Hello,
Yes you can still use MCEDesigner and program through it with your own board design. You just need to make sure your parameter file you generated with MCEWizard reflects your design. In the welcome page, you would choose "customized design for expert user" which will open up all the additional system and motor parameters you need to specify if the design is different then the eval board.
0 Likes
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Casey,
I am trying to use my USB to UART with the IMM101T kit to program via MCEDesigner like the image attached below.
But I can not connect and the MCEDesigner always shows the notification check connection.
4377.attach4378.attach
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
huyrua291996 wrote:
Hi Casey,
I am trying to use my USB to UART with the IMM101T kit to program via MCEDesigner like the image attached below.
But I can not connect and the MCEDesigner always shows the notification check connection.
4371.attach4400.attach

Hello,
Has this IC been programmed before? If you purchased brand new the IC is most likely in SBSL mode. MCEDesigner will not recognize it can communicate with the IC until it's programmed. You can still program with MCEDesigner, you will just have to follow the steps below:
1. Open MCEDesigner v2.3
2. Select file> open latest version of MCEDesigner configuration file (.IRC) available within firmware package. Link to download: https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/prod...motion/#!tools
3. Communication error will appear: “MCEDesigner cannot connect to target device using Port COMx”
a. If you know this is the correct communication port, select cancel to ignore error
b. If you are unsure this is correct communication port, follow steps below:
i. Open Device Manager on Windows system
ii. Open ports dropdown to see active ports.
iii. Unplug and re-plug in USB connection to Eval-M1-101T
iv. One COM port will disappear and reappear with your connection. This is the COM port you should select in MCEDesigner
v. In MCEDesigner, select cancel to ignore error, then open Preference> Connection
vi. Select COM port that you just determined is correct and click “OK”
vii. Once communication appear, ignore by selecting “Cancel”.
4. In toolbar, select Tools> Programmer
5. Select “Program Firmware and Parameters” in Operation options
6. Select parameter .txt file you generated from the MCEWizard for this device
7. Select firmware (.ldf) file that accompanies the MCEDesigner Configuration file (.IRC) in the latest version of the software package you downloaded.
8. DO NOT YET PROGRAM. While keeping USB connection from computer to control board, turn off power to control board by unplugging the power evaluation board or removing 3.3V to IC
9. Wait for IC to fully power down
10. When ready, click “program” in MCEDesigner THEN immediately provide 3.3V to IC through test pin or by plugging in power evaluation board. (Please note some have said to wait 2seconds before applying power. You may need to try different timing periods)
a. If an errors appears “Programming firmware and parameters file failed! Fail to disconnect from port!” then most likely one of two issues occurred:
i. IC did not fully turn off. Need to unplug for longer amount of time
ii. IC did not program fast enough. Need to select “Program” in MCEDesigner quicker
10. Window will pop up “Programming firmware and parameters file successful!” Device can now be used as normal if set back to MCEDesigner protocol. If, programmed for user uart protocal, you will recieve "mode is not in application". This is okay, its just MCEDesigner does not recognize IC since it is now programmed for user uart protocol. You can get back to MCEDesigner protocol by updating parameter text file and following these steps again.

Do you plan to use MCEDesigner protocol or User Uart protocol? There is a small bug in MCEWizard when generating the parameter text file for user uart protocol and you will need to make some modifications to the text file that I can guide you on. MCEDesigner protocol has no issues.
0 Likes
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Casey,
This board I had already programmed using onboard debugger and then I tried to use my own usb to uart device to program to make sure my own design can upload firmware via uart and MCEDesigner.
My own design board has a microcontroller to update target speed to IMM101T, but first I need to program firmware first.
Do you have any suggestion. I try your instruction to program with the firmware I downloaded on the infineon website, but it still doesnt work
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Today, I try to switch to user UART, and then I can not connect via UART and can not go back to MCEDesigner Protocol.
Here is my param file
I try to switch back to MCEDesigner Protocol but it failed:
- turn the switch in EVAL-IMM101T board to the left (5VDC USB)
- Open MCEDesigner to determine port
- Unplug AC and wait the power fully out
- Program and immediety plug the AC
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
huyrua291996 wrote:
Today, I try to switch to user UART, and then I can not connect via UART and can not go back to MCEDesigner Protocol.
Here is my param file
I try to switch back to MCEDesigner Protocol but it failed:
- turn the switch in EVAL-IMM101T board to the left (5VDC USB)
- Open MCEDesigner to determine port
- Unplug AC and wait the power fully out
- Program and immediety plug the AC

Hello,
I will get back to you for UART control. to switch back to MCEDesigner protocal, follow the steps in this post (https://www.infineonforums.com/threads/11405-imm101T-046-UART-not-responding) but dont immediately provide power to IC after starting programming. Wait until the status bar makes it to the second increment then provide power. This should be a couple seconds.
0 Likes
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you, I got it. And I realize that user UART control is not available in 57600 bps, I try 115200 bps and it works.
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
huyrua291996 wrote:
Thank you, I got it. And I realize that user UART control is not available in 57600 bps, I try 115200 bps and it works.

Great to hear! And thanks for help solving. Did you have to manually edit your parameter text file from MCEWizard to enable UART control??
0 Likes
User15043
Level 1
Level 1
Of course, I have to modify some parameters in text file. (InterfaceConf0, UART1_baudrate, SystaskConfig)
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
huyrua291996 wrote:
Of course, I have to modify some parameters in text file. (InterfaceConf0, UART1_baudrate, SystaskConfig)

Got it. That's what I thought but just wanted to double check. For all other viewers, I will update this post when this bug in MCEWizard has been solved.
0 Likes