infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Product Release Webinar Banner_Aurix_Competition Banner_AURIX_Security-Solution Banner_AURIX_Safety_Products ShieldBuddy TC275 Banner_AURIX_OnzerOS Banner_AURIX_DevelopmentStudio

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ADC interrupt example

Beginner Beginner Shailendra is on a distinguished road

ADC interrupt example

Hello All

Can someone provide me a reference to an example in which ADC calculation complete triggers an interrupt?
    Also I was looking for an example where ADC used for more than 4 channels (e.g. 10)

Thank you.

Best regards
    Shailendra

Advanced Advanced cwunder will become famous soon enough
    What device are you using?

Advanced Advanced
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    teoBits is on a distinguished road
    Hello Shailendra,

you can try the CCU6_ADC example, it is triggering an interrupt at every measure to read the conversion and print it on the terminal!
    here you can find the tutorial: CCU6_ADC tutorial

hope it helps,
    teoBits
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Dear teoBits

Thank you for providing me the referene.
    As I understand, the interrupt is generated upon completion of conversion.
    Is there any way to generate interrupt when conversion crosses a certain threshold value?

I am getting analog value but I wanted to treat it like digital line.

Best regards
    Shailendra

New Member New Member
    Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    RValascho will become famous soon enough
    Hi Shailendra,

You can do this. In the case of a result completion, this is probably done by via a source event or a result event. But in the case of a boundary condition, you need to use a channel event. These are the 3 types of events available ISR flags in our ADC. To set this up, you need to set up a boundary condition. There are 2 global boundaries (GLOBBOUND) available, and 2 group boundaries for each group (GxBOUND) available. Configure your digital result boundary in one of these registers. Next, you need to locate the specific CHCTR register that is tied to the physical channel. You need to tell the channel which boundary conditions, from previous, to look at for upper (BNDSELU) and lower (BNDSELL) boundaries. Select upper and/or lower boundaries. Then, all ADC service requests are a two step setup. You need to enable the event first. CHCTR.CHEVMODE will enable the flag, and it is configurable as an option to your boundary condition. Now you have the boundaries and the flag, but we need to choose a generic service request to target a core service. In the CEVNP0 register, for the specific channel (all channels have 4 bit field) and specific group, you can then tie a specific service request to this boundary event. There are 4 group specific request lines, and 4 general request lines. Once you tie the channel event to a specific service request node, this now maps to a specific SRC_VADC... (register) node where you can configure the type of service (TOS), Priority (SRPN Vector entry), and enable the interrupt(SRE).
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Dear RValascho

Thank you for detailed answer.

Best regards
    Shailendra

+ Reply to Thread