Motor configuration

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19585
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked
Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure eval-m564 (with an imc-102t) for a specific motor.
The motor is IPM, and stands inside a air conditioner compressor.
It happens that when the compressor goes under load it starts vibrating and loose the Flux PLL. Sometimes it can recover on its own, but mre often it doesn't.

I can see in the trace section of the MCEdesigner that the flux is stable on 700-800 counts (the manual says something about 2048 as standard, is this a possible issue?)
When it vibrates I can see the flux going everywhere, and faulting because it stays under 512 too long.

What parameters inside the wizard or the designer should I edit?
I have tryed to configure the PI for the flux and for the speed, with little results.

Any help is welcome.
Kind regards
Marco Negrini
0 Likes
4 Replies
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
mngr0 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am trying to configure eval-m564 (with an imc-102t) for a specific motor.
The motor is IPM, and stands inside a air conditioner compressor.
It happens that when the compressor goes under load it starts vibrating and loose the Flux PLL. Sometimes it can recover on its own, but mre often it doesn't.

I can see in the trace section of the MCEdesigner that the flux is stable on 700-800 counts (the manual says something about 2048 as standard, is this a possible issue?)
When it vibrates I can see the flux going everywhere, and faulting because it stays under 512 too long.

What parameters inside the wizard or the designer should I edit?
I have tryed to configure the PI for the flux and for the speed, with little results.

Any help is welcome.
Kind regards
Marco Negrini

Hello,
There is a noise issue with Eval-M3-IM564. I have private messaged you.
0 Likes
JP_WAN
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

Hello Casey. It seems that i'm having the same problem that User19585. I have a kit formed by IMC102T+EVALM3-564. I did the changes in hardware in accord to EVALM3-564 Manual, related to current meassurements. My application is controlling speed for a air conditioning inverter compresor. With some adjustment, we can to start motor with good performance but only arond 60% of times. The problem is that we cannot find a stable set of configuration that let us start the motor reliably. Please, inform if there is an issue with board that we don't know. 

0 Likes
User19585
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked
hello Casey,

I have replied you in PM.

While doing our research we reached this results:

Here you can see the current and motor speed.
The motor is rated at 7200 rpm max, and there was some load. It wasn't a critical load, but the motor wasn't free either.
Current measurement changes a lot, and is one or two amps under what I measure with an external amperomenter.

4385.attach

Next there is flux and motor speed, for the same motor of the previous graph.

4421.attach

The motor spins and does what it is supposed to do.
My only possible complain is a high current consumption, may it be caused by the noise in the PCB or it is more likely to be a configuration issue?
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
mngr0 wrote:
hello Casey,

I have replied you in PM.

While doing our research we reached this results:

Here you can see the current and motor speed.
The motor is rated at 7200 rpm max, and there was some load. It wasn't a critical load, but the motor wasn't free either.
Current measurement changes a lot, and is one or two amps under what I measure with an external amperomenter.

4421.attach

Next there is flux and motor speed, for the same motor of the previous graph.

4423.attach

The motor spins and does what it is supposed to do.
My only possible complain is a high current consumption, may it be caused by the noise in the PCB or it is more likely to be a configuration issue?

Hello,
The noise should look sinusoidal. This is most likely due to noise.
0 Likes