Is there any other way to execute cyclic interrupts in all three cores? GPT12

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18773
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
Hi friends,

My project need a function like this: an interrupt would be triggered every T seconds. And I need to apply it in all of three cores with different T in each core.
I found a core Timer together with an auxiliary Timer(Reload mode) in GPT12 module can implemet it.

However, there are only two core Timers in GPT12, that means only two cores can have this function. Does someone know any other way to realize it??? my board is TC27x.

Thanks,
Valeire
0 Likes
2 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Hi Valerie. There's a System Timer (STM) for each CPU core. That is typically used to drive an operating system timer (something like 1 ms), but you could use that.

You can also use the TOM outputs of the GTM to generate a periodic interrupt. The AURIX Development Studio has an example project (GTM_TOM_Interrupt_1_KIT_TC297_TFT) that generates an interrupt every 500 ms.

If you use three outputs on the same TOM unit (e.g., TOM0_1, TOM0_2, TOM0_3), you could start them simultaneously, so all the cores could get the interrupt at the same time (well, very close, since the Interrupt Router will only issue one interrupt at a time).
0 Likes
User18773
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
Hey Wrangler,

Thanks so much for your pointers! That helps me a lot!!!
I use the STM in each CPU, and it can generate Interrupts regularly with configured time 😆
Now I am also testing another method based on TOM.

Best Regards,
Valerie
0 Likes