infineon4engi@twitter infineon@linkedin infineon4engineers infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Compiling DAVE generated code on linux

Compiling DAVE generated code on linux

Hello there,

I am setting up continuous deployment for my xmc board development.
    Doing so I am using a Ubuntu build enviroment. For the build process, I use CMake to generate the makefiles.

I ran into problems considering the case sensitivity of linux. For example the
    Code:
    DAVE_Common.h
    is sometimes included with a capital c and sometimes with a small c.
    This will result into "File not found." .

To fix this I wrote a script that corrects the includes in terms of the case sensitivity.

Now I come to the question: Is there a way to integrate this script into the DAVE code generation step? Like a postgeneration trigger?

Or is there a totally different solution for this problem?

Greetings!
    Last edited by infineonforumuserme; May 20th, 2020 at 12:37 AM.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    jferreira will become famous soon enough
    Hi,

We are aware about this problem and working fixing it.
    Meanwhile you could add a prebuild step command that replaces "DAVE_common.h" to "DAVE_Common.h" using i.e. sed
    https://unix.stackexchange.com/quest...nd-and-replace

Regards,
    Jesus
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hello Jesus,

I was thinking about that. This solution does work in the scenario that all includes do include the same headername.

In the app FREERTOS for example, even the includes (of the same header) don't match to each other in terms of casesensitivity.
    Working that out with the use of sed would end up in a realy long and messy workaround. That is where I got stuck..

But if that is the only solution for now, I guess I am stuck with running a script manually each time I generate code.

If another solution is coming up, I'd like to get a hit about that.

Greetings!
    Last edited by infineonforumuserme; May 26th, 2020 at 04:17 AM.

+ Reply to Thread