Compiling DAVE generated code on linux

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18944
Level 1
Level 1
Hello there,

I am setting up continuous deployment for my xmc board development.
Doing so I am using a Ubuntu build enviroment. For the build process, I use CMake to generate the makefiles.

I ran into problems considering the case sensitivity of linux. For example the
DAVE_Common.h
is sometimes included with a capital c and sometimes with a small c.
This will result into "File not found." .

To fix this I wrote a script that corrects the includes in terms of the case sensitivity.

Now I come to the question: Is there a way to integrate this script into the DAVE code generation step? Like a postgeneration trigger?

Or is there a totally different solution for this problem?

Greetings!
0 Likes
4 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

We are aware about this problem and working fixing it.
Meanwhile you could add a prebuild step command that replaces "DAVE_common.h" to "DAVE_Common.h" using i.e. sed
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/159367/using-sed-to-find-and-replace

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User18944
Level 1
Level 1
Hello Jesus,

I was thinking about that. This solution does work in the scenario that all includes do include the same headername.

In the app FREERTOS for example, even the includes (of the same header) don't match to each other in terms of casesensitivity.
Working that out with the use of sed would end up in a realy long and messy workaround. That is where I got stuck..

But if that is the only solution for now, I guess I am stuck with running a script manually each time I generate code.

If another solution is coming up, I'd like to get a hit about that.

Greetings!
0 Likes
User8720
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted Welcome!
Is there any solution so far from Infineon?

Can you provide the script you used?
0 Likes
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked
Hello,

This issue should have been fixed by now. Can you please download the latest version of Dave and check if you face the same issue?

Regards,
Dheeraj
0 Likes