TLE9879 / BLDC FOC control with Hall sensors

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19528
Level 2
Level 2
First like received
Hello,

Could you please tell me if there is an example of BLDC FOC control with Hall sensors (not sensorless) using the MCU TLE987x?
If it don't exist, could you please tell me how i can modify the existing BLDC FOC sensorless project by adding the Hall sensors (if it is possible, please describe to me the different steps).
Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
Hi, unfortunately there is not FOC example using Hall sensors. The reason is that Hall sensors might only be useful to the algorithm to measure the speed. But in FOC far more important is the measurement of the position (angle), which is done with the Flux Estimator algorithm which is much more precise than Hall sensors. The speed can be simply derived from this position estimation by differentiating it..
So the Hall sensors, when used as speed measurement, are overkilling and costly. You can have a look at our Sensorless FOC AppNote, where we explain how our example works:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes-v0...
0 Likes