MCEDesigner v2.3 crashes!!! EVAL-M3-IM564 MCEWizard config file!!!

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19504
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
1. Does EVAL-M3-IM564 have a wizard configuration file that goes with IMC102T? If yes, where can I find it? I just placed an order for IM564.

2. I am currently using EVAL-M3-CM615PN and IMC102T-FO64 with MCEWizard_v2.3.0.0 and MCEDesigner_v2.3.0.0.
While running the motor, the designer tool suddenly lost control of the control board twice and I had to power cycle the power board before regaining control on both occasions.
Is this a bug? and is there way to avoid next time? I was only at 1000rpm, on a free-spinning motor.
0 Likes
15 Replies
User19241
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked
Everything was working fine for me with previous MCEdesigner.
Then I switched to v2.3
Using the firmware for my IMC101T-t038 board (the .IRC file...a configuration file)
I now get this error double clicking on the .IRC file to start MCEdesigner v2.3.
"product mismatch.....detected incompatible design type"

I tried to install back again the previous version designer, but it now reports an error just at the end of install.

What is confusing is the zip file titles don't match exactly the contents...drives one nuts.
0 Likes
User19241
Level 2
Level 2
Did you try registering the eval board?
(After you login...across the very top of the screen...look for your login...then a drop down menu for product registration....type the very first part "eval" and see if you get lucky.)
If you're lucky you'll find a preconfigured wizard file (.mc2) in there someplace in the zip.
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
dwissel wrote:
Did you try registering the eval board?
(After you login...across the very top of the screen...look for your login...then a drop down menu for product registration....type the very first part "eval" and see if you get lucky.)
If you're lucky you'll find a preconfigured wizard file (.mc2) in there someplace in the zip.

All the available wizard configuration files can be downloaded on iMOTION webage under development tools: MCEWizard Configuration files v1.0. No need to register to gain access to these.
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
dwissel wrote:
Everything was working fine for me with previous MCEdesigner.
Then I switched to v2.3
Using the firmware for my IMC101T-t038 board (the .IRC file...a configuration file)
I now get this error double clicking on the .IRC file to start MCEdesigner v2.3.
"product mismatch.....detected incompatible design type"

I tried to install back again the previous version designer, but it now reports an error just at the end of install.

What is confusing is the zip file titles don't match exactly the contents...drives one nuts.

Product mismatch is due to firmware and .irc file not being the same version. When downloading a new software package from the website, make sure you program your IC with the updated firmware within the package (.ldf) to accompany the new MCEDesigner configuration file (.irc).
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
dbamgbs wrote:
1. Does EVAL-M3-IM564 have a wizard configuration file that goes with IMC102T? If yes, where can I find it? I just placed an order for IM564.

2. I am currently using EVAL-M3-CM615PN and IMC102T-FO64 with MCEWizard_v2.3.0.0 and MCEDesigner_v2.3.0.0.
While running the motor, the designer tool suddenly lost control of the control board twice and I had to power cycle the power board before regaining control on both occasions.
Is this a bug? and is there way to avoid next time? I was only at 1000rpm, on a free-spinning motor.

Unfortunately, we do not have a wizard file yet available for this combination and the release of this file is delayed due to COVID-19. I may be able to provide you one that hasn’t be tested out yet so there are no guarantees that it will work. I will give an update by the end of the week.
Regarding #2....
First are you using iMOTION™ Link to program or the usb cable connection from board? I am assuming USB cable but just want to check. Does free-spinning mean no load on motor shaft? What PWM switching frequency have you configured your motor drive set-up to?

v2.3 of the tools was just recently released and it is possible this may be a bug. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, I do not have lab access to repeat and try to debug the problem. Are you willing to try the same set-up with v2.2 of the tools and see if MCEDesigner still loses control? You would need to reprogram your controller with an older firmware version and use an older MCEDesigner configuration file available here: IMC102T-F064 MCE Software Package v1.2.1. You would also need to uninstall v2.3 of MCEDesigner and then install the older version available here in tool brief: MCEDesigner v2.2. Lastly, you must change your parameter text file to be compatible with MCEDesigner v2.2. You can do this in MCEWizard v2.3 by changing the version in options page and then exporting the new text file (see image below).

MCEWizard firmware version change.png

0 Likes
User19241
Level 2
Level 2
I'll give people a heads-up on uninstalling designer v2.3.
You Might encounter problems with installing previous version MCEdesigner, once you've had v2.3 on a computer.
If anyone knows a fix, let me know.

I started with a previous version--everything worked.
I then updated to v2.3.
Had issues.
So I un-installed v2.3 and tried to install the previous versions.(Tried a few starting with previous)
The previous version MCEdesigner installer bombs out with simply an ERROR message near the end of the install. No error description.
I've now tried this on TWO computers that had V2.3
Yes, I tried even the windows un-installer.
yes, I even tried a reg cleanup after uninstall of 2.3
0 Likes
User19241
Level 2
Level 2

Here is the error message trying to install MCE designer v2.2 once you've had v.2.3:

v2.2_error_Capture.JPG

It occurs near end of installation.

0 Likes
User19241
Level 2
Level 2
After hours of trying various things, (uninstallers to remove remnants, reg cleaners, loggers)….I finally tried ALSO un-installing the MCEWizard_v2.3.0.0.
Now it lets me install previous MCEdesigner programs.
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
dwissel wrote:
After hours of trying various things, (uninstallers to remove remnants, reg cleaners, loggers)….I finally tried ALSO un-installing the MCEWizard_v2.3.0.0.
Now it lets me install previous MCEdesigner programs.

I have repeated this problem on my own computer and it is true. If you would like to install an older version of MCEDesigner you MUST uninstall MCEWizard v2.3 first. I will update this post once this issue has been solved
0 Likes
User19695
Level 1
Level 1
10 replies posted 5 replies posted First question asked
Casey wrote:
I have repeated this problem on my own computer and it is true. If you would like to install an older version of MCEDesigner you MUST uninstall MCEWizard v2.3 first. I will update this post once this issue has been solved

hi,Casey
My MCEWizard and MCEDesigner V2.2 has been deleted by me. It seems that it is impossible to download the old version on the website now. Could you please give me a link?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
jerry_yang wrote:
hi,Casey
My MCEWizard and MCEDesigner V2.2 has been deleted by me. It seems that it is impossible to download the old version on the website now. Could you please give me a link?

Thanks!

Hi Jerry,
There should be no reason to install V2.2. The crashing issue discussed in this post is most likely due to noise of IM564 evaluation board which is currently being redesigned. If for some reason you would still like to install older version they can be found here in Tools & Software under Tool Brief
0 Likes
User19695
Level 1
Level 1
Casey wrote:
Hi Jerry,
There should be no reason to install V2.2. The crashing issue discussed in this post is most likely due to noise of IM564 evaluation board which is currently being redesigned. If for some reason you would still like to install older version they can be found here in Tools & Software under Tool Brief

hi Casey,
The discussion suggested that the new version might have some bugs, although I don't believe it. But the last version I'm using has some problems debugging in my project, and I want to try it out with the old version.
The link you provided is a known program download link, but it can only download the latest version.

oldversions.PNG

Could you please send it to my email if you have an older version? I would really appreciate it.
my email address:www.yangjiayu@phnix.com

thanks!

0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
jerry_yang wrote:
hi Casey,
The discussion suggested that the new version might have some bugs, although I don't believe it. But the last version I'm using has some problems debugging in my project, and I want to try it out with the old version.
The link you provided is a known program download link, but it can only download the latest version.
oldversions.PNG

Could you please send it to my email if you have an older version? I would really appreciate it.
my email address:www.yangjiayu@phnix.com

thanks!

They are available on the website.They are located under tool brief

oldversions.PNG

0 Likes
User19585
Level 2
Level 2
Hello Casey,

Sorry if I jump in the discussion.
I am working with a EVAL-M3-IM564 too. I am trying to register my board and download the exclusive content.
In the website there is no option to do so, I have tried to open a ticket, but they still have to reply me.

In the available documentation there are some schemas, but they are not complete, for example the LED is missing.

Is there any way to obtain such documentation?

Kind regards
Marco Negrini
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Casey
Employee
Employee
mngr0 wrote:
Hello Casey,

Sorry if I jump in the discussion.
I am working with a EVAL-M3-IM564 too. I am trying to register my board and download the exclusive content.
In the website there is no option to do so, I have tried to open a ticket, but they still have to reply me.

In the available documentation there are some schemas, but they are not complete, for example the LED is missing.

Is there any way to obtain such documentation?

Kind regards
Marco Negrini

Hi Marco,
I apologize for the inconvenience. There is a design issue with this Eval-M3-IM564 and the content has been removed from the website as it his currently being updated. There is a re-design for this board is in progress and estimated release is about a month from now. I have attached a presentation that documents the changes made.
If you would like to implement these modifications on your existing board, you will need to follow the four steps below:
1. Remove L5 and short R19 directly
2. R11 from 10 ohm change to 47ohm
3. R13 from 4.7 ohm change to 10 ohm
4. Add C39=4.7nF

In addition, I will private message you to discuss the new board and how I can get one to you.
Thanks,
Casey
0 Likes