infineon4engi@twitter infineon@linkedin infineon4engineers infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Banner_DigitalMotorController Banner_IMM100_Series Banner_IMC100Series Banner_IRMCSeries Banner_iMotionApplicationKit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "MCE designer cannot connect" EVAL-M1-101T ..(did before)

Beginner Beginner dwissel is on a distinguished road
    Check to see (for using your approach 100%) if the designer, configuration, firmware, parameter files are a match in my screen capture.

I did indeed have one-time success (got all the way thru programming) with your approach (using default firmware/parameter files dated 04/24) on my #1 eval sample,
    but it was very short lived
    I took the new wizard, the EVAL-M1-CM610N3 configuration file (.mc2), and generated a NEW parameter file.
    Going back to new designer....
    Programming that new parameter file, with the 04/24 dated default firmware file, generated a "mode not in application error".
    Trying again got me "fail to disconnect from port error".
    Repeating your approach 100% now gets me the same fail to disconnect error....repeatedly

FYI: Using youapproach 100% on my #2 and #3 eval samples, do NOT yield success--i.e. I get fail to disconnect from port error.
    Repeatedly.

It seems crazy but all my problems SEEM to have begun with generating parameter files using new wizard and CM610N3 config files
    and then programming that parameter file with the 04/24 dated firmware file. It'd be nice if someone could confirm they're able to use
    the new wizard, the CM610N3 .cf2 file, generate a new parameter file, go to new designer and program that with 04/24 dated firmware.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture parameter.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	4822

Beginner Beginner dwissel is on a distinguished road
    BTW: Would I be having all these problem if I just bought the iMotion Link?

In other words does Link allow one to get into and out of these device modes via some direct path (like a Jtag) vs
    having to go in and out UART and hope its in the correct mode?

+ Reply to Thread