Using Lauterbach with AUDO TC1782

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User13528
Level 1
Level 1
HI

I have a Hitex Tantino II debugger which I do not have a problem with, I also have a Lauterbach LA-3500 and a LA-7756 OCDS-Tricore I would like to try and use it again I managed to load elf files few years ago it stopped working I think through grounds being different.
I sent it back and Lauterbach who could not find a problem I thought I would get it out of the cupboard and try again.
I have a start up script adapted from a Easy kit TC1767 but for a TC1782 I just get command locked or
I have tried the following steps
Power LA-3500 with JTAG LA-7756 connected
Power up target
SYStem.CPU TC1782
SYstem.Up get ^ command locked

If I open up Tricore CPU window get
target reset

Tantino II works fine and once I got the Lauterback working although probably with a TC1767 in although mainly just uploading elf files
Carl
0 Likes
2 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
100 solutions authored 5 likes given 50 likes received
The LA-7756 supports both JTAG and DAP. How are you connecting via the Tantino?

This is what I use (w/JTAG):

SYStem.CPU TC1782
SYStem.CONFIG CORE 1. 1.
SYStem.Option.RESetBehavior Halt
SYStem.Option ResetMode PORST
SYStem.Config.DEBUGPORTTYPE JTAG
SETUP.TabSize 2
SYStem.Up

If you are using DAP then substitute this line
SYStem.Config.DEBUGPORTTYPE DAP
0 Likes
User13528
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks for the quick responce really appreciated
I just checked I got the Lauterbach back in July 2018 this is first time I tried it
I am using JTAG with the Tantino thanks for the suggestions commands but I still get ^ command locked
I notice if I try SYStem.Config.DEBUGPORTTYPE DAP I also get ^ command locked
I also read some time ago it might be a power issue I am interchanging the 16pin JTAG Tantino is fine Lauterbach is not
I started of with target on bench on it's own the problem started when I put it in the machine has a ground on at a different potential I am now back to target on the bench.
One difference is the Tantino does not require a power supply just USB
I did add just in case.
IF DAP.Available()
(
; Bi-Directional Debug Cable detected
SYStem.CONFIG.DEBUGPORTTYPE DAP2 ; instead of JTAG
)
ELSE
(
; Uni-Directional Debug Cable
SYStem.CONFIG.DEBUGPORTTYPE JTAG
)