Where do I find: “MCEDesigner User‘s Guide”? & how best to interface to micro rs232

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19241
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked
I keep seeing references to "see the “MCEDesigner User‘s Guide”, but I can't find a document with that name unless its really old.
I'd be nice to learn how to use MCEdesigner to fine tune the motor and then go on.
Any info or tutorial on that?
I've got the motor spinning using MCEdesigner and can change speed, but that's about where the tutorials/documentation leaves off.

What I'm trying to do is control Eval-M1-101T over a simple 2 wire interface via another micro.
The eval M1-101T handling all the motor stuff, and the other micro simply sending it start, speed, reverse, etc and report backs on status errors. (Same board---no real distance)
(BTW: Still need to figure out how to reverse direction in MCE designer)

I figure for the 2 wire interface, use what I'll call "digital rs232"...i.e. rs232 without the level shifts.
Which is probably the same 2 wire interface the board uses for MCEdesigner anyway.
What are the next steps past motor start?
Any examples?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
dwissel wrote:
I keep seeing references to "see the “MCEDesigner User‘s Guide”, but I can't find a document with that name unless its really old.
I'd be nice to learn how to use MCEdesigner to fine tune the motor and then go on.
Any info or tutorial on that?
I've got the motor spinning using MCEdesigner and can change speed, but that's about where the tutorials/documentation leaves off.

What I'm trying to do is control Eval-M1-101T over a simple 2 wire interface via another micro.
The eval M1-101T handling all the motor stuff, and the other micro simply sending it start, speed, reverse, etc and report backs on status errors. (Same board---no real distance)
(BTW: Still need to figure out how to reverse direction in MCE designer)

I figure for the 2 wire interface, use what I'll call "digital rs232"...i.e. rs232 without the level shifts.
Which is probably the same 2 wire interface the board uses for MCEdesigner anyway.
What are the next steps past motor start?
Any examples?

The user guide is downloaded with MCEDesigner and should be stored in the same folder as the tool location. Same with the MCEWizard user guide. For information on what you are looking for, I would also recommend the MCE software reference manual which is available on the iMOTION webpage under user manuals.
0 Likes