infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@google+ Google+

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DAVE TIP of the day: How to build and include a static library?

Advanced Advanced sophia is on a distinguished road

DAVE TIP of the day: How to build and include a static library?

In DAVE, you are able to build a static library and include it in a project:

1. Create the library
    1a) Go to: >File >New >DAVE Project>Select project type: ARM-GCC Library for XMC Project>Empty Project>Define a "projectname">Select a appropriate Target device>Click "Finish"
    1b) Create a source file with your library functions
    1c) Build the project --> The library file "lib<projectname>".a can be found in the artifact folder.

2. Include the library in a project
    2a) Create an application project (e.g. empty main)
    2b) Declare the library functions with extern reference
    2c) Change project properties:
    Go to: >Project>Active Project Properties>C/C++ Build >Settings>ARM-GCC C Linker>Libraries>Add "<projectname>" in "Libraries (-l)" window>Add "path to Lib<projectname>.a" in "Library search path (-L)" window

Sebastian83 is on a distinguished road
    Even if the post is almost two years old I have a question: With my DAVE 3 I'm not able to generate a static library respectivly there is a strange behaviour: The checkbox "Show project types and toolchains only if they are supported on the platform" is enabled. And then I cannot create a "ARM-GCC Library for XMC Project.
    Can anybody tell me why I shouldn't be able to create a static library?

Kind regards
    Sebastian

Advanced Advanced Daryl Neo is on a distinguished road
    Hi Sebastian,

In Step 1a, please ensure that you have selected. If you selected otherwise, the lib will not be generated.
    1a: Go to: >File >New >DAVE Project>Select project type: ARM-GCC Library for XMC Project>Empty Project>Define a "projectname">Select a appropriate Target device>Click "Finish"

Attached in this reply is a project created in DAVE v3.1.10 using the steps above to create and use a static library for your reference.

Regards,
    Daryl
    ?????

Beginner Beginner oliver.blasius is on a distinguished road
    I dont understand the last step.
    Which paths do I have to set to include the library?
    At the moment I get a strange error:
    "../arm-gcc-49/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol Reset_Handler; defaulting to 08000000"

Lets say I have a Library called "ExampleLibrary". I build the library and get a "libExampleLibrary.a" file in my the Project debug folder.
    I have another Application project called "Test", where i go unter Properties> C/C++ Build >Settings>ARM-GCC C Linker>Libraries
    In Library (-l) i add "libExampleLibrary.a" (without the ")
    In Library search Path (-L) I add "C:\Workspaces\DAVE-4.2-64Bit\WS_2015_03_02\ExampleLibrary\Debug\"

But all I get is the error I mentioned above.
    I changed both values, but then I get a different error that the library can not be found.

Advanced Advanced Daryl Neo is on a distinguished road
    Hi,

Let's use your example.
    Library project : ExampleLibrary
    Library:libExampleLibrary.a
    Location of library: c:\project\examplelibrary\debug\

Application Project to use the library: Test

Here's what you need to configure.

2c) Change project properties:
    Go to: >Project>Active Project Properties>
    In the opened dialog, goto C/C++ Build >Settings -> ARM-GCC C Linker -> Libraries -> Add "ExampleLibrary"
    Next in "Libraries (-l)" window -> Add "path to Lib: "c:\project\examplelibrary\debug"

Once this is done, you should be able to compile your code using the library in your project.

Regards,
    Daryl

Beginner Beginner prcarp is on a distinguished road
    I am able to get the code to compile and link just fine and I am able to debug it with DAVE 4.3.2. However, I have two remaining questions:

1. Since my main application is set "Active", the library project is not active but it is open. How do I get DAVE not to "gray out" the source code when I view and modify the library source?

2. If I modify the library source, how do I get DAVE to automatically compile the necessary library code when I build my active application project?

Thanks in advance.

Beginner Beginner ermes is on a distinguished road

C++ static library?

Thank you Daryl,

What if I would use an external static library using C++?
    In particular i would define some classes in a static library and use them in a C++ project

Thank you

Matteo

Beginner Beginner hessman is on a distinguished road

Include libraries to DAVE studio XMC_Peripheral_Library_v2.1.18

Hallo,

I have problem give official library of Infineon webside to Dave Studio. if copy this folder to exist project. Compiler write errors. i need math function what are inside arm_math.

I am from this verry bad

please show me how i give inside libraries in picture

+ Reply to Thread