Parameter Documentation for BLDC_SHIELD_TLE9879

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19348
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
I tried to make a quick-start with the Arduino interface by writing a short sketch.
Unfortunately this doesn't work due to my unusual motor configuration.
For sure the next step would be to adjust the controller parameters.
The documentation ends with: "Detailed Description, Defines for the parameters of all modes."

I also tried to find out more about the parameters in the .h and .c files of the Keil-environments but there is no real information like parameter meaning, value range...

Is there a description that is not shipped with the Shield? If yes, could you please publish it. I'm sure a lot of developers are looking for it.

b/r
5 Replies
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
Hi! I guess you already downloaded the documentation and software package at:
https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-BLDC_Shield-Software-v01_00-EN.zip?fileId=5546d4626cb27db2016...

but maybe you are looking in the wrong place...

In this zip file you can find a folder called 01_arduino_lybrary with a BLDC_Arduino_library.zip file in it. This one contains the source codes that will be actually implemented by your sketch. The file TLE9879_Group.h contains the definition of the parameters.
0 Likes
User19659
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Hi everyone,

as there is an official Arduino shield out by Infineon I hope to also find some support for beginners (non- C++ natives) here. Because this is part of the deal you make when entering the Maker field 😉

Apparently I am also looking for changing the motor parameters / definitions. I have found a list of the parameters available at TLE9879_Group.h as described above.
However I can only see the parameters names but no real values here. Certainly I could set any values I want but it would be logical for me to have a specification and description about which values exactly to set here and what the result in the real world would be.
Surely I could keep on guessing about the effect of the value and the range I can use. But I really cannot find any description or declaration in any of the documents or on the webpage.

Also not fully clear to me is what a Dataset consists of. Is it simply a cluster of all motor parameters? What is the difference of the 4 preset and the 4 custom Datasets?

If anyone can help me with this I am sure I will be fine.

Ahh, yes, BTW, I am ONLY using the shield with the Arduino IDE and non of the auxiliary software package provided with the EVALkit.

Apart from that a huge compliment to Infineon for the really good documentation of the Chipset. Also great to see all the learning videos and training documents.
However dealing with end-clients is a little more tricky usually (sorry) and I would wish to see more than a quickstart guide for all Arduino users in the future if any possible.

Many thanks!
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
Hi guys,

we have released a new version of the user manual for the arduino shield. Please check it out for more usage information:
https://github.com/Infineon/TLE9879-BLDC-Shield/blob/master/Infineon-BLDC_Shield_with_TLE9879QXA40_f...
0 Likes
User19659
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Elettrograffiti wrote:
Hi guys,

we have released a new version of the user manual for the arduino shield. Please check it out for more usage information:
https://github.com/Infineon/TLE9879-BLDC-Shield/blob/master/Infineon-BLDC_Shield_with_TLE9879QXA40_f...

Wow, thanks so much! This new manual answers all of my open questilns. Many thanks!!!

Cheers!
0 Likes

Leider auch in neuste library gibt keine Möglichkeit Parameter zu ansehen und Laden.
Wir haben gekauft  Infineon Arduino Bord zu vorab schnell testen Funktionalität von TLE9879.

Leider Beispiele verwenden keine Demonstration für Verwendung eigene Parameter.

Das praktisch vernichtet ganze Vorteil von solche Packet. 

Bitte um Ergänzung von library um Demo Code mit Möglichkeit zu definieren in *.ino Kode als Text Motor Parameter. 
Wir haben gekauft mehrere Boards und möchten diese IC in unsere Produkte einbauen.

Bevor investieren wir in Hardware und Software für Handhabung von TLE9879 müssen wir mit Arduino vortteile von Eure Baustein Analysieren. 

0 Likes