How to use "patch.diff" in EtherCAT SSC App?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17492
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like given
When create a ECAT_SSC App v4.0.20 in DAVE 4, folder SSC contains a "patch.diff" file.
I tried to use in DAVE software, the Team->Apply Patch, Select the "Apply the patch to the selected file, folder or project
Selected the SSC/Src folder but the dialog get an error of (file does not exist)
Anybody successfully use this "patch.diff"?
Thanks,
Tac

.4184.attach
0 Likes
3 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The contents of the patch are described in https://www.ethercat.org/memberarea/forum.asp?../memberarea/forum/free-download-slave-stack-code-v5-...
To apply the patch, you copy the patch file into the SSC/Src folder after the SSC code generation and use the patch utility i.e. from Git for Windows

.../SSC/Src $ dos2unix.exe patch.diff
.../SSC/Src $ patch -b -p1 -i patch.diff

See patch --help for other options i.e. for backing up original files.

Alternatively using DAVE you can select the SSC folder, right click and select Team->Apply Patch.

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
1. Select the patch file, right click and select Team > Apply Patch... in the context menu.
4185.attach
2. Select the resource to patch
4186.attach
3. Review patch
4187.attach
0 Likes
User20875
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Jesus,

I applied Patch, but TcXaeShell still throws error "FoE Err(0x8000)"
Could you provide zip with working project for ETHCAT_FWUPDATE_SSC_APPLICATION_XMC48, for Release and Debug.
"Getting Started - XMC4800_Relax_EtherCat_APP_FWUpdate_Slave_SSC_Example_V3.3.pdf" is not up to date - does not reflect SSC 5.12, or steps for patch.

Thanks,
Sergiy
0 Likes