IRFB3607 Turn on Delay

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sujoy
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins
I am testing a single half of an H-Bridge with a light inductive load. I am using an IRF2007s driver for this.
4173.attach

While testing the low side with a lamp which draws 3 Amps at 12V, I observe the following.

Blue - Phase - line
Yellow- Gate pulse (15V)

Complete pulse
4174.attach

Turn_off
4175.attach

Turn_on
4176.attach

I am not sure why the last phase of the turn on takes so long. Am I driving it wrong or is it a characteristic of the MOSFET.
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Sujoy,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community. 
ab78200c-3aab-43e5-a176-a078c5e6d7fe.PNG

The problem you are facing is similar to this image. The turn-on delay is due to turn on at a low current. 
The capacitor charge during turn on due to charge carriers at a low current value creates this delay. If you switch at a high current value, the delay will be less.

Regards,
Anshika

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User19722
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored
The Gate resistors are much to high, try a few Ohms and remove Diode + 2. resistor.
You have to get 56µC in and out of the gate fast.
0 Likes
Anshika_G
First question asked 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Sujoy,
Thank you for posting on Infineon Community. 
ab78200c-3aab-43e5-a176-a078c5e6d7fe.PNG

The problem you are facing is similar to this image. The turn-on delay is due to turn on at a low current. 
The capacitor charge during turn on due to charge carriers at a low current value creates this delay. If you switch at a high current value, the delay will be less.

Regards,
Anshika

0 Likes