Tasking compiler in Aurix Development Studio

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19313
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
Hello All,

I am new to Aurix Development. I found on development studio web page a below note:
Notice : “The bundled TASKING tools such as the compiler and Debugger can only be used for non-commercial purposes”

Does this mean:
1. The Studio has Tasking compiler?
2. If yes, the code written using Aurix Development Studio and getting compiled, would automatically compile on Tasking development environment?
3. What is the intended "non-commercial" use expected? Where can I find more details on what classify as commercial/non-commercial?
If point-2 is true and if I develop commercial code using Aurix Studio and later compile on Tasking IDE(purchased for a short duration) would it be violating this clause?

Best regards
Shailendra
0 Likes
5 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Hi Shailendra.

1. Yes, the compiler is a variant of Tasking's full product.
2. Yes, code will build with the full version.
3. Non-commercial means development only - i.e., not for commercial advantage or monetary compensation.

If point-2 is true and if I develop commercial code using Aurix Studio and later compile on Tasking IDE(purchased for a short duration) would it be violating this clause?

Yes, "develop commercial code using AURIX Studio" violates the clause.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Shailendra wrote:
Hello All,

I am new to Aurix Development. I found on development studio web page a below note:
Notice : “The bundled TASKING tools such as the compiler and Debugger can only be used for non-commercial purposes”

Does this mean:
1. The Studio has Tasking compiler?
2. If yes, the code written using Aurix Development Studio and getting compiled, would automatically compile on Tasking development environment?
3. What is the intended "non-commercial" use expected? Where can I find more details on what classify as commercial/non-commercial?

Best regards
Shailendra

Hello Shailendra,

I try to give you an answer for your questions:

• Yes, the AURIX™ Development Studio is using the Tasking compiler and debugger to build and debug the code.
  • The code itself can be compiled on Tasking development environment, but you cannot directly import a project generated with the AURIX™ Development Studio to Tasking. To do so, you need to manually adapt the settings of the project in Tasking development environment.
  • You are not allowed to compile and debug code with the AURIX™ Development Studio, if the code is intended to be used commercially.
    E.g., if the code is used in mass production later on: “Mass production” in most cases has a commercial purpose! So, the compiler and the Debugger inside the AURIX™ Development Studio must not be used for any sort of commercial use.
    Thus, you are not allowed to develop commercial code using AURIX™ Development Studio and later compile on the Tasking IDE even purchasing the license for a long period. To do so, you should develop the entire commercial code on Tasking IDE. The AURIX™ Development Studio is intended for evaluating purpose and to get familiar with AURIX™ devices.

hope it helps,
teoBits
0 Likes
User19313
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted
Thank you so much for the replies.
Have a great day!
0 Likes
User21481
Level 1
Level 1
I am an user of Aurix Development Studio and have a question on same thread.

Is there any variation between Tasking Compiler used in Aurix Development Studio (ADS) and Actual Tasking Compiler?
Means Taking compiler with ADS has full capability or some features are disabled.
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Vishvam Rastogi wrote:
I am an user of Aurix Development Studio and have a question on same thread.

Is there any variation between Tasking Compiler used in Aurix Development Studio (ADS) and Actual Tasking Compiler?
Means Taking compiler with ADS has full capability or some features are disabled.

The Tasking Compiler used in ADS has is an old version of the actual TASKING compiler and has no difference with it. The only limitation is that you cannot use it for commercial purposes.

BR,
teoBits
0 Likes