infineon4engi@twitter infineon@linkedin infineon4engineers infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Banner_DigitalMotorController Banner_IMM100_Series Banner_IMC100Series Banner_IRMCSeries Banner_iMotionApplicationKit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IMC301A usart connection problem

Beginner Beginner nuhdede is on a distinguished road

IMC301A usart connection problem

i bought IMC301A MCE. I connect all Vcc and Vss pin. In the beginnig i could connect MCE and prgrammed it with MCEDesigner. I used IRMC301t firmware and sample parameters. After download program to MCE. I could not connect MCE with USART. How can i reach MCE again with USART?

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Casey is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by nuhdede View Post
    i bought IMC301A MCE. I connect all Vcc and Vss pin. In the beginnig i could connect MCE and prgrammed it with MCEDesigner. I used IRMC301t firmware and sample parameters. After download program to MCE. I could not connect MCE with USART. How can i reach MCE again with USART?
    Hi Nuhdede,
    Was the firmware successfully programmed or did you encounter an error? Have you checked the connection to make sure it is trying to connect through the right com port? On top toolbar in MCEDesigner select Preferences>Connection.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

hi Casey,
    i tried 2 different MCE, first one programing without error. Second one with error. But both act same. No connection after download firmware and paramter. Connection and com port righti checked again and again. when i power up MCE, It send me 0xFE on USART. I tried both UART 0 AND 1. MCE Send something only 115200 baudrate.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    hi Casey,
    i tried 2 different MCE, first one programing without error. Second one with error. But both act same. No connection after download firmware and paramter. Connection and com port righti checked again and again. when i power up MCE, It send me 0xFE on USART. I tried both UART 0 AND 1. MCE Send something only 115200 baudrate.
    Hi Nuhdede,
    A couple things to check to help debug:
    • You said you programmed with IRMC301t firmware. I think this was just a typo but please make sure you are programming with IMC301-A firmware which is downloaded through IMC301A-F064 MCE Software Package found on website. The firmware in package will be labeled as IMC301A-F064_A_V1.02.01.ldf. If a non compatible firmware is used, the IC would go into SBSL model and not be able to connect to MCEDesigner
    • Did you design your own pcb for this IC or are you using some socket to implement? If using a socket, the power rail filtering and decoupling capacitance may not be enough to ensure stable operation.
    • Check UART. Only UART0 on T core can be used to communicate with MCEDesigner. UART0_A and UART1_A are on A core and is not designed to communicate with MCEDesigner.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Hi Casey,

- I programmed with IMC301A-F064 MCE software packagewhich i download website. MCE go into SBSL mode i think. Because it send usart 0XFE on startup. If it is in SBSL mode how can i reach and clear it?
    - I Use simple pcb u can see it in attachment. I used stable voltage regulator.
    - I controlled uart many time.

I think problem is MCE go into SBSL mode .

thank you.Click image for larger version

Name:	PCB.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	4609

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Hi Casey,

- I programmed with IMC301A-F064 MCE software packagewhich i download website. MCE go into SBSL mode i think. Because it send usart 0XFE on startup. If it is in SBSL mode how can i reach and clear it?
    - I Use simple pcb u can see it in attachment. I used stable voltage regulator.
    - I controlled uart many time.

I think problem is MCE go into SBSL mode .

thank you.Attachment 4609
    Hi Nuhdede,
    SBSL mode is the default setting and how the IC comes when purchased. It would need to be programmed with the firmware and the parameters again. Are you able to reprogram? Or is the device not recognized at all and you are getting a com port error because the device is not seen? Are you getting any errors in MCEDesigner? Please see attached the MCEDesigner guide just to make sure you are programming correctly.
    Another possible reason could be that the VDD and VSS pins require proper local decoupling capacitance to ensure stable operation of IC.
    MCEDesigner_V2.1.2.0 Application Guide.pdf

Hello casey,

I added 333nf capacitor between Vdd and Vss.Nothing change. My problem occur after programing IC. At the beginnig i can connect IC easly. When i programmed it i couldnt reach again. It happens same at two IC. I read appşication and did what it said many times.

when i power on IC, It send 0xFF to serial port. After that nothing.
    You can see some picture in attachment.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	connection tab.JPG
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	4618Click image for larger version

Name:	connection.JPG
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	4619Click image for larger version

Name:	download page.JPG
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	4620Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware and parameter.JPG
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	4621Click image for larger version

Name:	openMCEDesigner.JPG
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	4622Click image for larger version

Name:	protocol analyzer.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	116.1 KB
ID:	4623

problem not solved.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    problem not solved.
    Hi Nuhdede,
    I was able to recreate the device failing to program firmware. The issue of why it failed is most likely different but when the device fails and goes in SBSL mode, MCEDesigner will not recognize it. You can still attempt to reprogram, but you may also now be locked out of the IC and will no longer be able to. To try to program in SBSL mode follow the steps below:

Power-up the device then start MCEDesigner. The tool first checks if the agent code responds which it will not of course, and you will get the error message in MCEDesigner. Ignore the error by selecting cancel and open programmer window by selecting Tools>programmer. NOW un-power then re-power the device in order to reset the bootstrap loader of the chip. This is a mandatory action. After that, chose the files (don’t mix up parameters and firmware file) and start download.

Hi Casey,

I tried ur solution, but still i cant connect. I add protocol analyzer output.Click image for larger version

Name:	protocol analyzer.JPG
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	4635

+ Reply to Thread