Position2Go-UART?

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19234
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First like received First reply posted
I am attempting to use UART communication between my Arduino and Position2Go sensor. However, I cannot find a pinout diagram of the Position2Go sensor, nor any information on the topic. Does a diagram exist, and is UART possible with the position2go sensor?
Much thanks to whoever responds!
0 Likes
1 Solution
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
5 questions asked 250 sign-ins 25 likes received
Hello Federico,

Radar GUI, and C_ComLib provided examples are based on the USB CDC interface.
You need to implement you own UART redirection functions to see RAW data sent via serial communication to HyperTerminal.

Best Regards,
Montassar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hi Drago627,

Please refer to the HW/Schematics/P2G_Schematics_V1.2.pdf file under the IFX_P2G-HW-SW_V1.0.2 package.
In order to get the P2G package, please download and install Infineon Toolbox, then look for Position2Go (refer to to the 24GHz_Radar_Tools_and_Development_Environment_User _Manual)

Best Regards,
Montassar
0 Likes
User21544
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am facing the same problem with the Position2Go board: UART data is not present on the PIN.
From the Radar GUI (and the USB C code) I am able to read the RAW ADC I/Q data (USB).
However, nothings can be seen on the UART (Pin 7/8 on J1).

Do I need to enable the UART by adjusting the firmware?
In the manual ("24ghz radar tool and development environment user manual") it seems that only Sense2GoL board supports UART, is that the case?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Federico
0 Likes
Montassar-BR
Employee
Employee
Hello Federico,

Radar GUI, and C_ComLib provided examples are based on the USB CDC interface.
You need to implement you own UART redirection functions to see RAW data sent via serial communication to HyperTerminal.

Best Regards,
Montassar.
0 Likes