Trap_busError on TriBoard TC275

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19008
Level 1
Level 1
I wanted to set into operation my new TriBoard TC275.
First I created a new Project for TC27xTP_DC-step / KIT_AURIX_TC275_ARD_SB in AURIX Development Studio.
Then I copied the sources of an existing Blinky_LED_1 project offered in the AURIX Development Studio.
The project is built without errors and warnings. The configuration is launched and the file downloaded.
But before doing anything the Debug Window Pops up and shows the IfxCpu_Trap_BusError function.

This also happens using other examples.

Can anybody give me a hint what's wrong with my configuration?
0 Likes
2 Replies
cwunder
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 50 likes received 50 solutions authored
Hi Roland,

More information is needed to figure out what the issue (cause) is. If you review the architecture manual it tells you what happens when a Trap occurs.

Can you read the stuct "trapWatch" which will give you an address, Trap ID and Class number.
Within the trap, the ID will tell you more information as to what else to look at. You might also be able to look at the DEADD register for an address.

If I take this example code that will cause a bus fault (Class=4, ID=3, DEADD=0xA0000000)

/*TIN:3 DAE Asynch. HW Data Access Asynchronous Error*/          
/*a bus error occurred because of a data store operation from a store to program flash memory*/
*(volatile uint32 *) (0xA0000000) = 0;

4150.attach
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Roland Kasper wrote:
I wanted to set into operation my new TriBoard TC275.
First I created a new Project for TC27xTP_DC-step / KIT_AURIX_TC275_ARD_SB in AURIX Development Studio.
Then I copied the sources of an existing Blinky_LED_1 project offered in the AURIX Development Studio.
The project is built without errors and warnings. The configuration is launched and the file downloaded.
But before doing anything the Debug Window Pops up and shows the IfxCpu_Trap_BusError function.

This also happens using other examples.

Can anybody give me a hint what's wrong with my configuration?

Hello Roland,

even if this should not create any error, for correctness please note that the board you selected is not the same you are using (KIT_AURIX_TC275_ARD_SB identifies the ShieldBuddy, not the TriBoard)

To correctly port the example, first update the AURIX™ Development Studio to the lastest version (currently the latest version is v1.1.10), then create a new project for the TC27X device and copy-paste the example's files inside (Blinky_LED.c/.h), together with the needed instructions on the Cpu0_Main files.
After this, you have to verify that the instructions written in the Blinky_LED files are compatible with your hardware, for example, I guess you'll need to change the port pin of the LED.

If the trap error is still happening you need to understand the cause of the trap, and for this you can take a look into this training: CPU_Trap_Recognition tutorial

hope it helps,
teoBits
0 Likes