Programmer / Flash Tool

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Is there a way to upload a firmware in XMC4500 via JTAG without the need to install the whole DAVE3 IDE? I found the following link: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontrollers/32-bit-xmc4000-industrial-microcontrollers-a...

Each of this tools is either not supporting JTAG or not for free. I don't want to pay an expensive license, since I need it for a private project.

Cheers, Felix

P.S.: Sorry for my English, I'm no native speaker.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Not applicable
Hi Felix,

I would like to recommend the Memtool. It is a FOC programming tool for on-chip flash programming.
You can choose to use DAP MiniWiggler (JTAG connector available) or self-built UART interface.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

thanks for the recommendation. I tested Memtool with a MiniWiggler at work, which worked fine out of the box. As I understand it, the bootstrapping via UART works without any self implemented firmware, just by adding the hardware for the RS232 interface. Can you confirm this? My goal is to avoid the costs of a MiniWiggler for my private project.

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Felix,

Yes, you are right. Meanwhile, pls make sure the boot pins for ASC BSL are correctly configured.

Best regards,
Sophia
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Sophia,

that sounds like an easy and low cost solution for my. I will try that. Thank you for your quick and professional help.

Cheers, Felix
0 Likes