Distance2Go for Doppler 24GHz radar measurement

Announcements

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19079
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
For the Distance2Go can do both Doppler (CW) and FMCW radar types, but we are more interested in testing its CW (Doppler) performance.

Here are some questions,
1) Is it possible to run continuosly the CW signal? I understand that I will get target change of displacement as time goes on.
2) If i have a metallic surface (high RCS) that moves about 1mm every 2sec, would this 24GHz doppler radar be able to see? If yes, is there a specific setting to make it happen?
3) I had tried the Infineon Toolbox with various firmware included. What is the difference between the D2G_FMCW.hex and D2G_Doppler_FMCW.hex in terms of chirp/doppler timing? Please explain how the ADC signal is being formed in time. If there is a way to just run Doppler, please point me section in firmware and or Dave project on to enable it.
4) I had seen the Matlab scripts too, same question, is there way to run Dooppler on it by itself?

We are looking at this Infineon as possible HW xx production soon. Any help in our evaluation task would be appreciated. Thank you.
0 Likes
0 Replies