infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Banner_Gate_Driver Banner_Isolated_GateDriver Banner_SOI_Gate_Driver Banner_Low_Side_Gate_Driver Banner_Solutions_for_Gate_Driver_and_power_switches

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: IR2136 application circuit

Beginner Beginner marcuccio1995 is on a distinguished road

IR2136 application circuit

Hello everyone, I use the gate driver ic IR2136, when I measure between VB1 and VS1 I haven't 15V, I have to put the source pin of the mosfet transistor at the GND to have a potential difference of 15V between VB1 and VS1.

i look at the page 5 of the datasheet of the IR2136 to help me

the values of the components : 1) 3x diodes 1N4007

2) 5x 1kohm resistors

3) 6x 1µF capacitors

4) mosfet STP43N60DM2

if someone has already worked on a circuit like this ? please give me some tips to correct this error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	driver schematic.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	4473

Name:	table de vérité.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	4474
    ?????? ?????? driver schematic.JPG‎  
    Last edited by marcuccio1995; Feb 24th, 2020 at 01:57 PM.

here I tested with a diode 1N4148, I configured my PWM at 1Hz, I checked that my transistor switches every second, I put a load resistance of 82 ohm / 5W and I measured 14.61V between VB-S, the problem now is that my load resistance starts to heat up a lot when I increase the frequency of my PWM.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Srivatsa is on a distinguished road
    Hi,
    Are you providing inputs for low side gate driver outputs? If so, what is their duty cycle? The bootstrap capacitor gets charged when the low side MOSFET turns on. Pls review the attached application notes to get a better understanding of how these IC's operate.
    You dont have to connect a load resistor.
    Infineon-Using_Monolithic_Voltage_Gate_Drivers-AN-v01_00-EN.pdf
    Infineon-HV_Floating_MOS_Gate_Drivers-ApplicationNotes-v01_00-EN.pdf
    More information can be found under www.infineon.com/gatedriver
    Please contact our Technical Assistance Center for further inquiries

Quote Originally Posted by Srivatsa View Post
    Hi,
    Are you providing inputs for low side gate driver outputs? If so, what is their duty cycle? The bootstrap capacitor gets charged when the low side MOSFET turns on. Pls review the attached application notes to get a better understanding of how these IC's operate.
    You dont have to connect a load resistor.
    Attachment 4478
    Attachment 4479
    yes I have put 3V3 PWM at LIN1 and the duty cycle is at 50%

here is the tests that I did at 1kHz : 1) High Side

Name:	high side petit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	4480

2) Low Side

Name:	low side petit.jpg
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	4481

load resistance is 82ohm / 5W

infact I want to realize a Sine PWM signal at the output of the transistor bridges to be able to drive an asynchronous motor

the problem is that I don't know how to achieve a reverse PWM for the Low Side

at the end it will be necessary that I have a signal on each motor phase which looks like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	sinus pwm.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	4482

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Please share your schematics.

Please share your schematics.
    the schematic : Click image for larger version

Name:	driver cablage.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	4484

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    The 82 ohm is not needed in actual application. You are using it to charge the bootstrap capacitor which provides HO output. Ideally when LO turns on the low side MOSFET, the bootstrap capacitor should get charged.

Pls connect the VS 1,2,3 node to motor windings. To generate the required PWM pattern kindly check with the respective micro-controller application support teams who can help you with the algorithms.

You can look at Infineon's Digital Motor Controller (iMOTION™) solution and perform simulations at https://plex.infineon.com/plexim/ipmmotor.html

The 82 ohm is not needed in actual application. You are using it to charge the bootstrap capacitor which provides HO output. Ideally when LO turns on the low side MOSFET, the bootstrap capacitor should get charged.

Pls connect the VS 1,2,3 node to motor windings. To generate the required PWM pattern kindly check with the respective micro-controller application support teams who can help you with the algorithms.

You can look at Infineon's Digital Motor Controller (iMOTION™) solution and perform simulations at https://plex.infineon.com/plexim/ipmmotor.html
    Hello, I made new measurements by connecting all the transistor bridge, the low side works but the high side does not work.

I also noticed that I don't have the 15V at the VB1 - VS1 terminals, instead I have around 500mV.

wiring diagram : schéma bloc driver + pont triphasé.pdf

high side probe : Click image for larger version

Name:	VGS high side petit.jpg
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	4489

low side probe : Click image for larger version

Name:	VGS low side petit.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	4490

PS: the capacitors are badly rated, they are all 1µF

and the PWM operates at 500 Hz

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Pls check if the MOSFET Q8 is turning ON. Also, check the status of Fault pin. You can write to me at srivatsa.raghunath@infineon.com and I will see if I can get a field applications engineer to support you onsite.

Pls check if the MOSFET Q8 is turning ON. Also, check the status of Fault pin. You can write to me at srivatsa.raghunath@infineon.com and I will see if I can get a field applications engineer to support you onsite.
    Hello, I determined the value of the capacitor, it is 33nF, I am doing tests and I now have a PWM from 0 to 20V in VS1, VS2 and VS3.

the problem now is that I have current spikes at each switching, I tried to put a big filtering condo on the 20V power supply and this has reduced the spikes but there are still some left.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.