SOTA Feathure Tc38x

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User19038
Level 1
Level 1
Hi
I am writing an application for SOTA concept for TC38x Aurix platform.
I have read the chapter 1.5 AURIX2 usermanual (Software over the Air (SOTA))
And also referred the document AP32404-Tutorial_Using_the_2nd_Generation_AURIX_SWAP_mecha nism_for_SW_updates_Over_The_Air_v1.1.pdf

But still i am unclear about many points.So can you tell where i can get Infineon sample project for swapping concept.

During application execution, Can we write directly to UCB23 register or through DMU module we need to write UCB registers?
0 Likes
5 Replies
Harvey
Employee
Employee
Now, sample code is available in myicp.infineon.com.

Please refer below path.
- Microcontrollers / AURIX customer documentation --> AURIX TC3xx --> 10 AURIX TC3xx HSM
0 Likes
Darren_Galpin
Employee
Employee
First solution authored First like received
You cannot write to UCBs directly - they are considered to be part of the data flash space. Therefore you will need to write to them via the DMU using the erase/load page/write page commands.
0 Likes
User22447
Level 1
Level 1
First like given 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins
Harvey wrote:
Now, sample code is available in myicp.infineon.com.

Please refer below path.
- Microcontrollers / AURIX customer documentation --> AURIX TC3xx --> 10 AURIX TC3xx HSM

I am unable to access the myicp.infineon.com Can you share that source code?
0 Likes
User21698
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
is there any new swap code examples except that one in
Microcontrollers / AURIX customer documentation --> AURIX TC3xx --> 10 AURIX TC3xx HSM
which is (so do I think) a very simplify dem-implementation and risk-ful.
E.g.
- after adding a new address map configuration in UCB_SWAP the old one is not invalidated by overwriting with 0xFFFFFFFF
(see AP32404-Tutorial_AURIX_TC3xx_Using_SW...)
- it is also only checking the last startup state of swap enabled which could be modified meanwhile when UCB_OTPx is modified. But this would have an effect on the next startup.

I have implemented my swap functions with all needed checks (ca. 1000 lines of codes) to protect any kind of risk-ful condition before doing a system reset for swapping.
But: I don't know how the SSW is going through the UCB_SWAP to get the configuration (down to up or up to down?),
e.g. when there are multiple valid (confirmed) address mappings are listed. I assume it takes the last one (unless above demo would not work).
I didn't try to test this, not to risk a device lock.
e.g. what happens if all address mapping slots are empty (all zeros) or all are invalidated (0xFFFFFFFF), does it then scan UCB_SWAP_COPY or is the device locked?
e.g. what happens if confirmation code (address mapping) is neither Unlocked nor Confirmed, does it scan the next slot?
0 Likes
User21698
Level 1
Level 1
In fact, I'm looking for a flow chart or description of SOTA-Setting up in SSW.
0 Likes