problem : start a motor with Mce Designer

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18971
Level 2
Level 2
5 replies posted First question asked First reply posted
Hi everyone, I use the Evaluation board Eval-M1-101T with the Eval-M1-05-65D to control the speed of a motor.

I have a problem when I want to start the motor, it indicates me an error because of the DC Critical Over Voltage.

I tried to change the value of it but it indicates me an error too

please , if someone can help me it would be very grateful.

4029.attach

4028.attach
0 Likes
6 Replies
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
marcuccio1995 wrote:
Hi everyone, I use the Evaluation board Eval-M1-101T with the Eval-M1-05-65D to control the speed of a motor.

I have a problem when I want to start the motor, it indicates me an error because of the DC Critical Over Voltage.

I tried to change the value of it but it indicates me an error too

please , if someone can help me it would be very grateful.

4029.attach

4028.attach

Hi Marcuccio1995,
What is your DC Bus Over-value set as? Please provide me a screenshot of the parameters in MCEWizard (from the advanced page like the example) and I can help you determine what may be the issue. Have you made any modifications to the power board?
4035.attach
0 Likes
User18971
Level 2
Level 2
Casey wrote:
Hi Marcuccio1995,
What is your DC Bus Over-value set as? Please provide me a screenshot of the parameters in MCEWizard (from the advanced page like the example) and I can help you determine what may be the issue. Have you made any modifications to the power board?
4035.attach

@Casey : Hello, here is a screenshot of my configuration

4047.attach
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
marcuccio1995 wrote:
@Casey : Hello, here is a screenshot of my configuration

4047.attach
How much input AC voltage are you supplying? The IPM on your control board (IRSM505-065) can only support a max DC bus voltage of 400V (breakdown voltage is around 500V) so you will need to lower your maximum DC Bus and over-voltage levels. The 499.54V value you have set is the sensing range of the DC Bus circuit, but the maximum DC bus value should be set to 400V for the IPM and recommended overvoltage level set to around 380. If you already went over 500V, some capacitors (and possibly the IPM) may have been damaged as I believe some of the components are rated for less than this. I can check though once I know your input voltage.
0 Likes
User18971
Level 2
Level 2
Casey wrote:
How much input AC voltage are you supplying? The IPM on your control board (IRSM505-065) can only support a max DC bus voltage of 400V (breakdown voltage is around 500V) so you will need to lower your maximum DC Bus and over-voltage levels. The 499.54V value you have set is the sensing range of the DC Bus circuit, but the maximum DC bus value should be set to 400V for the IPM and recommended overvoltage level set to around 380. If you already went over 500V, some capacitors (and possibly the IPM) may have been damaged as I believe some of the components are rated for less than this. I can check though once I know your input voltage.

I supply at 230V

yes indeed, I've measured the voltage of the filter capacitor and had around 535V at its terminals
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
marcuccio1995 wrote:
I supply at 230V

yes indeed, I've measured the voltage of the filter capacitor and had around 535V at its terminals

230VAC should be no problem as that provides a DC bus voltage of around 325V. I am not sure how you are seeing 535V unless you were providing more than 230VAC?
I recommend updating your MCEWizard file to reflect the allowed voltage levels: Maximum DC Bus Voltage=400V, DC Bus Over-Voltage Level=360 (since you only have 330Vmax), and Critical voltage level =380V to protect capacitors and IPM. Once done, verify and export this file and program controller in MCEDesigner by selecting Tools>programmer.
You are getting the critical voltage error because you currently have it set at 330V, which is around your normal operating voltage. I have attached the description of critical voltage. This may have also protected your capacitor and IPM if you really did see 535V. I would make sure your input AC voltage is stable before more testing.
4054.attach
0 Likes
User14451
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted
Hi Marcuccio,
it seems you are supplying the board with two phases of a 380V 3-phases line.
In fact, 380*sqrt(2) = 535V
IMHO I would check first the cable feeding the board, maybe there’s something wrong in the plug connections.
Best Regards
Fabio
0 Likes