TLE9879 Evaluation Kit FOC speed issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User16615
Level 1
Level 1
I am trying to run the sample code BLDC_SENSORLESS_FOC_EXAMPLE_TLE987X. When I try to run Emo_setspeedreferenz((X) where X is less than 700, the motor runs jerking, not smooth. Is it because of the wrong type of motor or I need to tune the software
to run my motor smoother. I am planning to run slower speed on this example code.

Thank you
0 Likes
2 Replies
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
Hi x94ho2! Yes, you might need to adjust the software and adapt it to your motor or switch to a Hall sensor application. When running at low speed, a motor exhibits a low BEMF voltage amplitude.
This could cause the BEMF comparators to detect wrong transitions in the block commutation. But before surrendering, I would try to modify the BEMF parameter we have integrated in the example code.
To easily access these parameters we have created a special panel in the Config Wizard. If you have correctly installed the toolkit, you can access it from Kiel uVision, click on the menu Tool and then on Config Wizard V2.2.1.
4024.attach
There you can see the panel dedicated to the BEMF motor parameters. Adapt your motor to the software and try to change the comparators blanking times.
Could you also show me some oscilloscope plots of your phases while the motor is running? We could analyze those to see wether the commutation happens correctly or not.
Good luck!

Emmanuel
0 Likes
User16615
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Emmanuel,
Sorry for the ate reply. I was busy working on other project and only recently I have change to get back to this project. I switch my motor running method to FOC senseless. Right not I can only run lowest speed of 1k RPM with not very stable. I am able to get the higher gear ratio so that I can run higher RPM like 3k to 5k. I notice that if I set the RPM to run higher than 4k there is no different in speed. I can access the Config Wizard from KEIL. I did change all the possible setting I can think of and able to get the speed stable from 2k to 4k.

Thank you,
Eugene
0 Likes