XMC4800 RELAX how to configure more than one CAN Nodes

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18908
Level 1
Level 1
Hello
The trouble is that on the board KIT_XMC48_RELAX_ECAT_V1 it is impossible to activate any CAN nodes, except Node 1, for which a transceiver is provided on the board.

I use DAVE IDE and MULTICAN_CONFIG application to configure CAN Nodes. Its no issues with Node 1,
it works properly, but i cant see any tx data on the oscilloscope from any other node (0,2,3,4,5) with
identity settings (exept gpio, of course).
In loopback mode, information is received from all nodes, however, in normal operation, data
transmitted only from node 1 while the configuration of the remaining nodes is absolutely identical.
All gpiol pins, assigned to other nodes, are not occupied by any other resources.
The correct configuration of the pins is verified with datasheet values ​​of the RXSEL, and its fully consistent with the
MULTICAN_CONFIG configuration-based generated code.
I dont see any reasons to block data stream from nodes 0,2,3,4,5 in XMC4800 datasheet.

So, is it possible to work with more then one CAN node (and that node is Node 1) on KIT_XMC48_RELAX_ECAT_V1? Pay attention on
that i trying to make CAN rx and CAN tx gpio work, of course i will attach it to the external tranciever after success.
0 Likes
2 Replies
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Hi,

The CAN node sending a message is also receiving it, so that it can check the transmission and the ACK from the receiving node.
If you do not have a transceiver connected to the MCU pins, you will need to short the CAN_TXD/RXD.

See attached for node 0 on XMC4800 Relax Kit. Since no ACK is received, the CAN node sends the message indefinitely.
4017.attach

Regards,
Jesus
0 Likes
User18908
Level 1
Level 1
Thank you for your useful answer, now i can test all nodes without any consumers on the CAN bus properly!
0 Likes