NTC - Benefits

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17687
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked First reply posted
Hi all,

I would like to know more about the NTC.
Why is the NTC useful and how can I use it to estimate my case temperature?

Thank you in advance!
0 Likes
1 Solution
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Walter Frosch wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you in advance!

The NTC thermistor is integrated into many of the CIPOS IPMs to allow you to sense the module's internal temperature. This is useful because the NTC can then be connected to the ADC terminal of a microcontroller to shut down the module if the temperature reading is too high. The IPM's application note provides more information about the NTC as well as including an example of an over-temperature protection circuit.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Walter Frosch wrote:
Hi all,

Thank you in advance!

The NTC thermistor is integrated into many of the CIPOS IPMs to allow you to sense the module's internal temperature. This is useful because the NTC can then be connected to the ADC terminal of a microcontroller to shut down the module if the temperature reading is too high. The IPM's application note provides more information about the NTC as well as including an example of an over-temperature protection circuit.
0 Likes