IGBT equivalent load

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18849
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,
I am using FF450R12KT4 IGBT module for my project 3phase inverter.
I want to test power supply for IGBT gate driver IC at -20degC with full load ( i.e. all 6 PWM channels are ON).
But in order to test it at full load I need to connect 3 IGBT modules ( each contains high side and low side IGBT) which I do not have,
so can I connect 28nF capacitor as a load to gate driver IC (as IGBT input capacitance is 28nF) ? ( I am not connecting any motor to IGBT, I just want to test power supply)
Or I need to consider gate charge for output load capacitance(dummy load in place of IGBT) measurement ?

Regards,
Jitendra
0 Likes
1 Solution
Emanuel
Employee
Employee
10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored First solution authored
Hi Jitendra,
That specific product is not an Infineon gate driver.
I would suggest to get in touch with the manufacturer of the gate driver you are using as they should be the best at supporting their product .
Unfortunately, as this is the Infineon gate driver forum, we are experts in the Infineon gate driver protofolio.
Best regards,
Emanuel

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Emanuel
Employee
Employee
Hi Jitendra,
welcome to the Infineon gate driver IC forum.
can i first ask you which gate driver have you selected for your application?
Best regards,
Emanuel
0 Likes
User18849
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Emanuel,
I am using ADUM4135BRWZ.

Regards,
Jitendra
0 Likes
Emanuel
Employee
Employee
Hi Jitendra,
That specific product is not an Infineon gate driver.
I would suggest to get in touch with the manufacturer of the gate driver you are using as they should be the best at supporting their product .
Unfortunately, as this is the Infineon gate driver forum, we are experts in the Infineon gate driver protofolio.
Best regards,
Emanuel
0 Likes
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Yes you can connect the equivalent gate capacitor value in case you don't have physical device.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes