Evaluate IPM

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17756
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
Hi,

as the title says, I would like to know more about evaluating the IPMs. Are there pre-designed boards available to evaluate them?

Thank you guys!
0 Likes
1 Solution
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
Yes there are!
They are called iMOTION™ MADKs, short for Modular Application Design Kits. These are reference design boards that not only include all the circuitry required to run a motor, but are also designed with an optimized PCB layout. These boards exist for every IPM product family and many are designed for specific applications in mind. Please check out the MADK webpage. If you have a specific IPM in mind that you want to evaluate, I would go to that IPM's webpage and look under boards to see which MADKs are offered for that part number.

There is also a forum for the MADKs if you have any more questions about these boards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Casey
Employee
Employee
Yes there are!
They are called iMOTION™ MADKs, short for Modular Application Design Kits. These are reference design boards that not only include all the circuitry required to run a motor, but are also designed with an optimized PCB layout. These boards exist for every IPM product family and many are designed for specific applications in mind. Please check out the MADK webpage. If you have a specific IPM in mind that you want to evaluate, I would go to that IPM's webpage and look under boards to see which MADKs are offered for that part number.

There is also a forum for the MADKs if you have any more questions about these boards.
0 Likes
User17665
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First question asked First reply posted
Hi all,

Are there any design references available for the IPM that I have chosen?

Many thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
Gyro Gearloose wrote:
Hi all,

Are there any design references available for the IPM that I have chosen?

Many thanks in advance!

If you look in each IPM's datasheet, there is typically an application schematic which shows how to connect the pinouts of the IPM to your microcontroller and motor. For more detailed information, I recommend looking at the IPM's application note which has a section that describes the interface circuits and includes a layout guide. The app notes can be found on the IPM's webpage under documents. Also, check out the IPM's MADK which I discussed earlier in this thread. The PCB design of these boards is well documented and can be used as a reference.
0 Likes