Motor Coasting motor start-up

Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18667
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

Im working on a brushless skate board. How do I power up the motor if the motor is already turning due to coasting or rolling down a hill? If there a special feature that can use the natural rotation of the motor for start up reference?

also was wondering if I can use some automatic rotational speed measurement feature that is already incorporated in the controller?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
Hi wskeller, that's a cool project. May I ask you which product are you using?
0 Likes
User18667
Level 1
Level 1
Hi, I am using TLE9879 and IPC100N.
0 Likes
User18667
Level 1
Level 1
Do you have some example for using CSA for read the current on shunt? Some times, I read only noise register.
0 Likes
Elettrograffiti
Employee
Employee
there are no examples at the moment for the CSA reading, but it is not much different from any other ADC reading. The only difference is that you need to setup the CSA gain and ideally do a calibration (as described in the User Manual).
what do you mean by noise register? If you are measuring oscillations, then it means your differential filter at the pins OP1 and OP2 is not designed for your use case. Could you tell me which amplitudes are the currents you are supposed to measure? Also, are you using our EvalKit, if yes which version? If not, could you share a layout picture of the path from the shunt resistor and the OPx pins (shunt resistor additional details are also useful)?
0 Likes