DAVE 3 Debug Problems

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
downloaded Dave3 an wanted to uses the J-link debugger from my IAR embedded work bench ,but it is not working the debugger says "exception occurred during launch"
But it should work because this is standard J-Link debugger and the Tasking debugger in Dave3 provides this connection option.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Georg_Huba
Employee
Employee
Dear bug_maker,

the free TASKING debugger integrated into DAVE 3 is only supporting the J-Link Lite and J-Link EDU debuggers form SEGGER and the DAP miniWiggler from Infineon (option “Universal Debug Access Server”)
The following SEGGER debuggers and respective IAR OEM versions are not supported by option the “J-Link over USB” in the free Debugger in DAVE 3: J-link JTAG-SWD emulators, J-Link Pro JTAG-SWD emulators, J-Link Ultra High Speed JTAG-SWD emulators, J-Trace emulators.

Usually the J-Link Lite is already included in the kit (ordering option). The J-Link Lite cannot be ordered separately. The DAP miniWiggler can be ordered separately.(http://www.infineon.com/cms/de/product/Microcontrollers/Development-Tools%2C-Software-and-Kits/DAP-m...)

We are working with IAR to provide an easy import function of the DAVE 3 generated code into the IAR EWARM. Instructions how to do this manually, including import into Atollic, Keil and TASKING, will be posted soon in this forum.

Commercial stand alone debuggers are offered from PLS, Lauterbach and iSystem.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

Best regards,
Georg Huba
0 Likes
Not applicable
I am told by IAR that IAR is working on connecting DAVE3 to EWARM, and to look for this in the release of EWARM 6.5 scheduled October 2012. If this doesn't happen, I am ready to switch to Keil which already supplies an Eclipse plug-in for DAVE3.
0 Likes