TLE493d Reading all registers 0xFF

Announcements

Measure CO2 When It Matters - Infineon’s XENSIV™ PAS CO2 now comes in SparkFun Red. Check it now!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18656
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
We were previously using your TLV493d sensor and had that working fine but the power consumption was too high for our needs, therefore, we are trying to move to the TLE493d with the Wake Up functionality.
It took a while to find the correct I2C sensor address of 0x22 but now I can finally talk to the sensor.
However, when taking readings from the senor it is sending a response of 0xFF for all registers.

I have tried using 2-byte read (supposed default) as well as 1-byte read just in case.

I really need to have this working as soon as possible so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Yashraj_P
10 likes given 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hello @User18656 ,

I suppose you are using TLE493D-W2B6-A1, as its quipped with Wake-up, and has 7-byte I2C address as 0x22.
Therefore, I would like you to please configure MOD1 0x11 and CONFIG 0x10 registers as mentioned in the User Manual.

Most probably the issue would be related to setting the FP bit in MOD1 or CP bit in CONFIG registers incorrectly.

Best regards,
Yashraj

0 Likes