IRMCF171 I can not start

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18612
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted
Good day.

I have been communicating with technical support for a long time and cannot solve my problem in any way.

I just can not make the IRMCF171 work.

Can you send the simplest firmware for this chip. Firmware that outputs PWM signals. I want to make sure that the microcircuit is working properly.

Firmware without the use of current sensors, revolutions, mains voltage and other. Only PWM three phases 50 Hz.

Thanks.
0 Likes
1 Solution
snget2
5 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Hello iMOTION 1.0 User.(IMCF171), this product are obsolete, we are not support  it anymore. please go to new iMOTION2.0. We recommend you to used our new IC controller IMC101T, or IMD111T.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Casey
Employee
Employee
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted
dronnet wrote:
Good day.

I have been communicating with technical support for a long time and cannot solve my problem in any way.

I just can not make the IRMCF171 work.

Can you send the simplest firmware for this chip. Firmware that outputs PWM signals. I want to make sure that the microcircuit is working properly.

Firmware without the use of current sensors, revolutions, mains voltage and other. Only PWM three phases 50 Hz.

Thanks.

Hi Dronnet,
Would you still like this firmware file? This can be done by using the publicly available FW then using the VF Diagnostic function in MCEDesigner. You can then apply a low DC voltage (50V) to test out the signals. Just make sure you have the DC bus under-voltage fault protection disabled or set the threshold very low to not trigger a fault. To get 50Hz output, you will need to change the target speed. The register value depends on what you have set your rated speed and qty of poles as. Targetspeed(cnt)= 50Hz / (polepairs) * 60 / (ratedspeed) * 16383. If it is still needed, I can make this FW file with the target speed set for you, but you will still need to run the VF Diagnostic in MCEDesigner.
0 Likes
User18612
Level 1
Level 1
Thanks. It turned out finally start the engine, only in V / Hz mode.
I use an ordinary AC induction motor. In vector control mode, the start failed, the engine picks up speed then stops abruptly.

I decided to use the V / Hz mode. How can I write a program for a microcontroller?
There is no FS2 programmer in Keil uvision, there are others. I use such a programmer, but it is not on Keil's list.
4062.attach

What are you doing? which programmer to choose in Keil uvision?
0 Likes
User18612
Level 1
Level 1
Technical support answered me and sent a link http://www.mips.com/products/softwaretools/legacy/8051/. Such a link does not exist, the site redirects to the main page https://www.mips.com/

Maybe another programmer is suitable for working in Keil uvision?
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
dronnet wrote:
Technical support answered me and sent a link http://www.mips.com/products/softwaretools/legacy/8051/. Such a link does not exist, the site redirects to the main page https://www.mips.com/

Maybe another programmer is suitable for working in Keil uvision?

Sorry for the delay. You are trying to program the 8051 microcontroller correct? Not the Motion Control Engine (MCE)? Since this is an older part, I believe Keil has renamed their products and it might be a good idea to reach out to them just to confirm. I have included an image of a product list that we have purchased from Keil in the past for reference. You might be able to ask for these specific part numbers.

In our documentation we specify that you will need this from Keil:
1. MIPS SNAV-M8051EW Debugger with Keil uVision driver (cannot find on website).
2. Keil PK51 Professional Developers Kit (http://www.keil.com/c51/pk51kit.asp)
It looks like a debugger is included in the developers Kit. Maybe they have now combined the M8051EW debugger in the Kit?

BTW, you will also need the IRMC-ISO isolation board. This has been renamed to MCETOOLV2 (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/mcetoolv2/)

4104.attach
0 Likes
User18612
Level 1
Level 1
Good day.
In general, I want to make a frequency converter for an induction motor.
Maybe I don’t need to use the 8051 processor.

I want the device to have:
1. start button and engine stop button
2. Variable resistor to control motor speed.
3. Operation in V / Hz mode.
4. worked autonomously, without a programmer and external computer.

Can this be done without an 8051 processor? If possible, what did you need to do?
0 Likes
Casey
Employee
Employee
dronnet wrote:
Good day.
In general, I want to make a frequency converter for an induction motor.
Maybe I don’t need to use the 8051 processor.

I want the device to have:
1. start button and engine stop button
2. Variable resistor to control motor speed.
3. Operation in V / Hz mode.
4. worked autonomously, without a programmer and external computer.

Can this be done without an 8051 processor? If possible, what did you need to do?

Hello,
Are you set on the IRMCF171? Point 4 would have to be done with the 8051 processor. The rest can all be done with the MCE Tools. If it is possible I highly recommend upgrading to the IMC101T controller. This is a more supported, newer generation controller that can all do all four points in the MCE Tools. You are able to create a script within MCEWIzard which would allow you to run the motor autonomously.
0 Likes
snget2
5 sign-ins First like received 25 replies posted

Hello iMOTION 1.0 User.(IMCF171), this product are obsolete, we are not support  it anymore. please go to new iMOTION2.0. We recommend you to used our new IC controller IMC101T, or IMD111T.

0 Likes