infineon4engi@twitter infineon4engineers infineon@linkedin infineon@youtube
twitter Facebook Linkedin Youtube

Banner_DigitalMotorController Banner_IMM100_Series Banner_IMC100Series Banner_IRMCSeries Banner_iMotionApplicationKit

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IRMCF171 I can not start

New Member New Member dronnet is on a distinguished road

IRMCF171 I can not start

Good day.

I have been communicating with technical support for a long time and cannot solve my problem in any way.

I just can not make the IRMCF171 work.

Can you send the simplest firmware for this chip. Firmware that outputs PWM signals. I want to make sure that the microcircuit is working properly.

Firmware without the use of current sensors, revolutions, mains voltage and other. Only PWM three phases 50 Hz.

Thanks.

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Casey is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dronnet View Post
    Good day.

I have been communicating with technical support for a long time and cannot solve my problem in any way.

I just can not make the IRMCF171 work.

Can you send the simplest firmware for this chip. Firmware that outputs PWM signals. I want to make sure that the microcircuit is working properly.

Firmware without the use of current sensors, revolutions, mains voltage and other. Only PWM three phases 50 Hz.

Thanks.
    Hi Dronnet,
    Would you still like this firmware file? This can be done by using the publicly available FW then using the VF Diagnostic function in MCEDesigner. You can then apply a low DC voltage (50V) to test out the signals. Just make sure you have the DC bus under-voltage fault protection disabled or set the threshold very low to not trigger a fault. To get 50Hz output, you will need to change the target speed. The register value depends on what you have set your rated speed and qty of poles as. Targetspeed(cnt)= 50Hz / (polepairs) * 60 / (ratedspeed) * 16383. If it is still needed, I can make this FW file with the target speed set for you, but you will still need to run the VF Diagnostic in MCEDesigner.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Thanks. It turned out finally start the engine, only in V / Hz mode.
    I use an ordinary AC induction motor. In vector control mode, the start failed, the engine picks up speed then stops abruptly.

I decided to use the V / Hz mode. How can I write a program for a microcontroller?
    There is no FS2 programmer in Keil uvision, there are others. I use such a programmer, but it is not on Keil's list.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200302_090129.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	4492

What are you doing? which programmer to choose in Keil uvision?
    Last edited by dronnet; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

Technical support answered me and sent a link http://www.mips.com/products/softwaretools/legacy/8051/. Such a link does not exist, the site redirects to the main page https://www.mips.com/

Maybe another programmer is suitable for working in Keil uvision?

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Technical support answered me and sent a link http://www.mips.com/products/softwaretools/legacy/8051/. Such a link does not exist, the site redirects to the main page https://www.mips.com/

Maybe another programmer is suitable for working in Keil uvision?
    Sorry for the delay. You are trying to program the 8051 microcontroller correct? Not the Motion Control Engine (MCE)? Since this is an older part, I believe Keil has renamed their products and it might be a good idea to reach out to them just to confirm. I have included an image of a product list that we have purchased from Keil in the past for reference. You might be able to ask for these specific part numbers.

In our documentation we specify that you will need this from Keil:
    1. MIPS SNAV-M8051EW Debugger with Keil uVision driver (cannot find on website).
    2. Keil PK51 Professional Developers Kit (http://www.keil.com/c51/pk51kit.asp)
    It looks like a debugger is included in the developers Kit. Maybe they have now combined the M8051EW debugger in the Kit?

BTW, you will also need the IRMC-ISO isolation board. This has been renamed to MCETOOLV2 (https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/prod...rds/mcetoolv2/)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Keil.PNG
Views:	0
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	4541
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Good day.
    In general, I want to make a frequency converter for an induction motor.
    Maybe I don’t need to use the 8051 processor.

I want the device to have:
    1. start button and engine stop button
    2. Variable resistor to control motor speed.
    3. Operation in V / Hz mode.
    4. worked autonomously, without a programmer and external computer.

Can this be done without an 8051 processor? If possible, what did you need to do?

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Expert
    Good day.
    In general, I want to make a frequency converter for an induction motor.
    Maybe I don’t need to use the 8051 processor.

I want the device to have:
    1. start button and engine stop button
    2. Variable resistor to control motor speed.
    3. Operation in V / Hz mode.
    4. worked autonomously, without a programmer and external computer.

Can this be done without an 8051 processor? If possible, what did you need to do?

Hello,
    Are you set on the IRMCF171? Point 4 would have to be done with the 8051 processor. The rest can all be done with the MCE Tools. If it is possible I highly recommend upgrading to the IMC101T controller. This is a more supported, newer generation controller that can all do all four points in the MCE Tools. You are able to create a script within MCEWIzard which would allow you to run the motor autonomously.

+ Reply to Thread
Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.