IR3806xm Multi channel circuit development

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18481
Level 1
Level 1
Seems that this PoL family is acquired from IR and mostly all data is very scarce and confusing.

Recently I asked support about their simulations (mostly all with Vo_max = 5), the reason for this aoutput voltage and they just remerked for market tendence...
I'm targeting this device for 1.2V ~ 14Vo, the design is done but I'm still having some doubts on the application (again their AN is just based for less than 2Vo), the datasheet and drawings are archaic and there is no clear distintion between what to leave and what don't for the Analog/Digital modes.
Needless to say the GUI is also Win'95 style.

Anyhow, I'll leave my bunch of accumulated questions and the "figured-out" chematic:

1. Why there is no spreadsheet to design this IC? I made one and I can share..but I'm not sure is completely correct, I created due to stability check (online simulation changes all depending on the parameters...check next question).

2. Mostly all the applications are directed for Vo_max = 5V, where can I find examples for more than that (i. e. Vo=13V)?

3. Why in the simulation page, there is an HDL definition that calculates automatically the values totally different than the datasheet from page 40 and cannot be freely modified?
Here is the start of that coding:
{Infineon - Emerging Application Lab}
{Alexander Gernhaeuser}
{08.09.2018}
{v2.0}
{Digital}
{Changes: Calculation R1, BW limitation, Cout_ESR}

4. where can I download the Full PowIRCenter? According to AN-0035 pp. 5, there is an ftp link that is broken, some solution on this?

5. Also, there is a Loop stability GUI (pp. 25 AN-0035), where can I download it?

6. I tried to make an excel calculator for this IC based on the example on datasheet-pp. 40, in order to calculate the transfer function of the modulator I need to obtain the Vramp value (not given anywhere), the only mention of it is on datasheet pp. 32 feed-forward section which I quote:
'The PWM ramp amplitude (Vramp) is proportionally changed with PVin to maintain PVin/Vramp almost constant throughout PVin variation range (as shown in Figure 24)'
And the graph is useless to determine that value; now, I assume that has something to do the Vosc, which magically appears on datasheet-pp. 45 and again quoting:
'Vosc = 1.357 (This is a function of PVin, duty cycle, and switching frequency. Infineon’s SupIRBuck online design tool can help the user in accounting for this operating point...'
So where can I determine the Vramp value?

If someone knows some answers, please don't hesitate to lend a hand.

Regards.
0 Likes
1 Reply
User21445
Level 1
Level 1
Jake, how are you? Understood with your problem?
0 Likes