Aurix Development Studio ELF file

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
zosty
Employee
Employee
First reply posted First question asked
Hi,

I am evaluating the Aurix Development Studio and I have created a small project for TC234. My target is to download the ELF file using the UDE debugger (rel. 5.00.02) but I am getting an error when I try to load the file:

Error, Core0::UDESymbolEngine, {"Wrong file"}: "C:\AurixStudioWorkspace\TC234_Evr\Debug\TC234_Evr.elf"
Error, Core0::UDESymbolEngine, Error: Unknown file format

I tried to flash the hex file and the code works as expected (it runs on the hw and the led blinks properly).

Any idea why? Do I need to configure any special setting to generate the correct ELF file format?

Thank you.
BR
S
0 Likes
6 Replies
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hello zosty,

Is the flash and debug working with AURIX™ Development Studio?

However, I noticed that in your error report

Error, Core0::UDESymbolEngine, {"Wrong file"}: "C:\AurixStudioWorkspace\TC234_Evr\Debug\TC234_Evr .elf"
Error, Core0::UDESymbolEngine, Error: Unknown file format

there is a space at the end of the .elf file name, can you please check if the file you selected is the correct file?

If the problem persists, can you please attach the elf file you are trying to flash with the UDE debugger?

Best regards,
teoBits
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
zosty
Employee
Employee
Hi teoBits,

the name of the file is correct, it is just a copy and paste formatting issue.
I have attached the elf and the hex files, hope it helps.

Thank you.

BR
S
0 Likes
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins
Did you try to use the integrated debugger the AURIX Development Studio includes? I do not notice any issue with the ELF file you provided and I can also load it into the TASKING Embedded Debugger.

Best regards,
Ulrich

TASKING tools support
0 Likes
zosty
Employee
Employee
Hi Ulrich,

I didn't use the integrated debugger. I compiled the project and I tried to flash the code using the UAD JTAG debugger but it seems that the ELF file is not compatible with it.
Is it possible to use the integrated debugger with the UAD Jtag hw?

Best Regards
S
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User13836
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 sign-ins
The AURIX Development Studio does not support the UAD JTAG debug adapter. It support the miniWiggler using the Infineon DAS drivers.

I would like to figure out if the problem you face is related to the ELF file generated by the AURIX Development Studio or if it's a general issue. I enclosed a small example project for the TC23x derivative generated using the latest version v6.3r1 of the TASKING TriCore tools. Please try to load the ELF file included in that project using your 3rd party debugger. Does this work?

Best regards,
Ulrich Kloidt

TASKING tools support
0 Likes
zosty
Employee
Employee
Hi Ulrich,

your elf file works as expected with UAD debugger:

Mo 25.11.2019 11:46:11.318, Success, Core0::UDEDebugServer, Program with ID 0x1 - code size 1788 bytes - was loaded!
Mo 25.11.2019 11:46:23.252, Success, Core0::PFLASH0, Program sections succeeded

Best Regards
S
0 Likes