infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon@youtube youtube

+ Reply to Thread
    New Member New Member Harsha is on a distinguished road

BLDC Sensorless FOC (TLE9879 Kit) - Not able to acheive higher speed

Hello,

I am using BLDC sensor-less FOC for motor control, I wanted to achieve 4000 rpm at 11V, But the motor I am using is getting saturated to 2300 rpm, when I increase the voltage speed is able to increase.
    But, the requirements are to achieve higher RPMs with 11Volts. is there any software based restrictions to the stated problem. I have tried changing multiple parameters to fetch results but nothing seems to work out.

I suspected if there is limitation on Hardware but the Hardware vendors were able to run the motor for 6000rpm at 11Volts. So I feel the software restriction is existing. Can you suggest if any parameters is
    to be changed to run the motor at higher rpm.

I have tried few parameters like Speed Limit, Reference Current. And I have modified other parameters with respect to motor parameters? Is there any limitations on Demo Code?

Regards,
    Harsha

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Fiz is on a distinguished road
    Hello Harsha,

Since your are able to achieve higher speed when applying ah higher voltage, it seems like your motor is the limiting factor.
    Which motor are you using?
    How are your hardware vendors driving the motor?
    There is a speed limitation to the SW, but it is at 32768 rpm, since we a int16 data is used to store the speed data.

Best,
    Fiz
    Last edited by Fiz; Nov 13th, 2019 at 01:38 AM.
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

New Member New Member Harsha is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiz View Post
    Hello Harsha,

Since your are able to achieve higher speed when applying ah higher voltage, it seems like your motor is the limiting factor.
    Which motor are you using?
    How are your hardware vendors driving the motor?
    There is a speed limitation to the SW, but it is at 32768 rpm, since we a int16 data is used to store the speed data.

Best,
    Fiz
    Hello Fiz,

Thank you for your response, Motor which I am using is having a rated capacity of 400-500W, 5 pole pair, Maximum current rating of 40A.

Our Hardware vendors are driving the motor with a test bench as far as I know(Without any software intelligence) and they have a plot which states the capacity of motor. (Further information is out of my reach).

As you suggested I have tried increasing the speed limit as well as current limit before, and there wasn't much significant change to speed of motor!

Regards,
    Harsha

Infineon Employee
    Infineon Employee
    Fiz is on a distinguished road
    Hi Harsha,

you could try to increase the number of pole pairs in the FOC SW.
    This should also increase your motorspeed.

Is your motor running in closed or open loop?

Best,
    Fiz
    The views expressed here are my personal opinions, have not been reviewed or authorized by Infineon and do not necessarily represent the views of Infineon.

Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.

Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.

Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.