Banner_DigitalMotorController Banner_IMM100_Series Banner_IMC100Series Banner_IRMCSeries Banner_iMotionApplicationKit


infineon4engi@twitter twitter

infineon4engineers Facebook

infineon@linkedin linkedin

infineon@youtube youtube


+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Beginner Beginner Matteo_ELT is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3
    Points
    82.5

    Issue while programming IRMCK099 OTP

    Hello all,

    We started using the IRMCK099 about 3 years ago, and we always were able to program the OTP correctly, both Fw and parameters.

    Now we had to come back on the project to modify the .bin and the parameters files a little bit, but we encounter following issue.

    After programming the fw to OTP, the "program completed failed" message always appears.
    After programming the param file to OTP, the same message appears (usually at this point, the "how many free parameter slots are available" should appear).

    The funny thing is that, despite of these messages, both board a motor are running correctly, so OTP seems to be programmed.

    Did anyone encounter this "issue", and eventually find a way to solve it?
    Even if it's working, we are obviously afraid of "error" o "failed" messages.



    FIY: the only thing we changed, is that we installed the new data-pack since it was more up to date.
    In the new downloaded data-pack, tinyWizard is working with .tw2 files, instead of .tw from the older version.
    Also, the .txt parameter file contains different information compared to the files generated from the old TinyWizard version.
    Therefore, we modified "by hand" the older parameter files with the new values, since the modifications that we want to perform in the project are small.


    Thanks in advance for a feedback.

    Cheers, Matteo

  2. #2
    Beginner Beginner Matteo_ELT is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    3
    Points
    82.5
    Update:

    we were able to solve the issue by updating the MCETOOLV2 firmware to v1.1 (in order to do this without spending too much time, we had to buy a second MCETOOLV2, which is being used as updating interface).
    Previous firmware version of our MCETOOLV2 was v0.2. After updating it, the messages finally say everything is OK. Also the parameter to OTP programming outputs finally tell the "available free slots".

    Best regards, Matteo

Tags for this Thread

Disclaimer

All content and materials on this site are provided “as is“. Infineon makes no warranties or representations with regard to this content and these materials of any kind, whether express or implied, including without limitation, warranties or representations of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement of any third party intellectual property right. No license, whether express or implied, is granted by Infineon. Use of the information on this site may require a license from a third party, or a license from Infineon.


Infineon accepts no liability for the content and materials on this site being accurate, complete or up- to-date or for the contents of external links. Infineon distances itself expressly from the contents of the linked pages, over the structure of which Infineon has no control.


Content on this site may contain or be subject to specific guidelines or limitations on use. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Usage Terms of the site; third parties using this content agree to abide by any limitations or guidelines and to comply with the Usage Terms of this site. Infineon reserves the right to make corrections, deletions, modifications, enhancements, improvements and other changes to the content and materials, its products, programs and services at any time or to move or discontinue any content, products, programs, or services without notice.