TIM and TOM PWM compare

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello!

Background:
Cpu: TC234
One PWM signal in to TIM
One PWM signal out from TOM.

Problem:
I would like to compare the output with the input, as the input is a feedback signal.
Is it possible to use the GTM in some way to do this?
And maybe get an interrupt if they start to differ to much?

The only solution I can think of is using SW to compare the counters, but it will increase my CPU load quite much...
So it would be better if the HW could do it for me 🙂
0 Likes
4 Replies
NeMa_4793301
Level 6
Level 6
10 likes received 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored
Hi Mattias. The TC234's GTM doesn't have the Multi-Channel Sequencer (MCS) present on higher end devices that could easily do what you're after.

Check out the Input / Output Monitor peripheral. The idea is that you can compare a reference signal (e.g., a bridge driver output) to a monitor signal (e.g., feedback from the bridge driver), with a possible signal delay between the two.

The challenge with the IOM is that the supported pins are limited (see 28.10 SoC Integration in the User Manual). Adding IOM support to an existing PCB is usually not possible, but if you know you want to use it in advance, you can pick the right pins.
0 Likes
Not applicable
UC_wrangler wrote:
Hi Mattias. The TC234's GTM doesn't have the Multi-Channel Sequencer (MCS) present on higher end devices that could easily do what you're after.

Check out the Input / Output Monitor peripheral. The idea is that you can compare a reference signal (e.g., a bridge driver output) to a monitor signal (e.g., feedback from the bridge driver), with a possible signal delay between the two.

The challenge with the IOM is that the supported pins are limited (see 28.10 SoC Integration in the User Manual). Adding IOM support to an existing PCB is usually not possible, but if you know you want to use it in advance, you can pick the right pins.

Thanks for the reply! I will look into the IOM, seems to be promising.
Does someone here have any example code on how to use it?
//Mattias
0 Likes
teoBits
Employee
Employee
5 sign-ins 100 replies posted 50 replies posted
Hello Mattias,

You can find code example projects for the GTM module here: AURIX™ training code examples.
all these example also comes with tutorials, which can be found here: AURIX™ tutorials.

If you want to start programming for AURIX™, you can get the new Integrated Development Environment (IDE) here: AURIX™ Development Studio.

If you are not familiar with Eclipse based IDE’s checkout the Getting Started guide!

Hope it helps,
teoBits
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thanks alot!
I already have written som code, but it's always good to find some more inspiration
0 Likes