UCB_DFLASH_ORIG and UCB_DFLASH_COPY reprogram

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User14162
Level 1
Level 1
Hi,

i was working on TC399XE and i accidently erased the Confirmation code from UCB_DFLAH_ORIG and UCB_DFLASH_COPY. Is there anyway to reprogram it, because now i am always getting the message "Debug Port Secured" on Debugger message view area.

Best Regards,

Usman Bhinder
0 Likes
3 Replies
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
Hi,
unfortunately is the device bricked. There is no possibility to recover the device. Contact your Infineon represent to get another device.
Handling of UCB must be always very carefully, e.g. don't make changes in ORIG and COPY at the same time. The COPY will be used only if the ORIG don't contain a valid confirmation code. As long the ORIG has a valid confirmation code (UNLOCKED or CONFIRMED) always the ORIG is used and COPY is ignored.
If both, ORIG and COPY don't contain a valid confirmation code then the device is bricked after next reset. This is valid for each UCBxx_ORIG and UCBxx_COPY pair.
0 Likes
User18124
Level 1
Level 1
MoD wrote:
Handling of UCB must be always very carefully, e.g. don't make changes in ORIG and COPY at the same time.

As far as I know, the default behavior of iLLD drivers + base projects for AURIX gen 2 is to prepare and flash both ORIG and COPY BMHDs. So should be this changed in linker file?

Lukas Otava
0 Likes
MoD
Employee
Employee
50 likes received 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored
As long you reprogram the UCB there is no problem. You have only a problem when you erase the UCB and don't program with valid confirmation code. If you will be always on the save side then always use only BMHD0_ORIG in your code (change it in the iLLD).
0 Likes