Calculate CRC8 Signature Byte for TLE9180D-31QK

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17934
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I am struggling to configure my gate driver with other parameters then the default ones via the registers.

I have the Infineon Motor Control Kit with an Aurix TC234 µC and the TLE9180D-31QK gate driver.

Can someone explain how to calculate the CRC8 of the signature byte (frame with address 00 and name "Configuration Signature")?
Unfortunately I did not find any information in the manual. I would welcome any application note regarding an implementation of this gate driver.

Thank you
Jerome Gossmann
0 Likes
1 Solution
Srivatsa
First comment on blog 10 sign-ins First like received
Hi Jerome,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your query.

As stated in the data Sheet of TLE9180D the CRC8 is calculated with the polynomial x^8+x^6+x^3+x^2+1.

Further information can be shared under NDA. Kindly contact the respective Infineon sales or application engineer in your region.

You can also send an email to srivatsa.raghunath@infineon.com and I will connect you to the right gate driver team here in Infineon.

Thanks and regards,

Srivatsa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
User17934
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

I have a question regarding the gains of the three current sense amplifiers (CSAs) of the TLE9180D-31QK. As background, I am using a 1 mOhm shunt resistor and a CSA offset of 2.5V is selected.
How can I calculate the expected voltage outputs (VO1 - VO3), which have a limited range of 0 to 5 V, with the 2 CSA gains? Is the voltage signal measured at the shunt multiplied by the two gains and than the offset of 2.5V is added or is there another formula?

Thanks.

Regards
Jerome Gossmann
0 Likes
Srivatsa
First comment on blog 10 sign-ins First like received
Hi Jerome,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your query.

As stated in the data Sheet of TLE9180D the CRC8 is calculated with the polynomial x^8+x^6+x^3+x^2+1.

Further information can be shared under NDA. Kindly contact the respective Infineon sales or application engineer in your region.

You can also send an email to srivatsa.raghunath@infineon.com and I will connect you to the right gate driver team here in Infineon.

Thanks and regards,

Srivatsa
0 Likes