Two pairs of gate source pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User17676
Level 1
Level 1
10 questions asked 5 questions asked First question asked
Can anyone help me: how do I drive a module when there are two pairs of gate source pins?
0 Likes
1 Solution
electricuwe
10 sign-ins First question asked 5 sign-ins
We have provided two pairs of gate sources pins to minimize gate circuit inductance.

For optimum driving place the driver in the center in between the the two sets of control pins and provide symmetrical low inductance connections to both of them. Using two separate gate resistors (twice the value we refer to in the datasheet) is optional as we already have individual integrated gate resistors on each chip. In case there are restrictions in the symmetry of your layout other options to connect are possible, but explaining this is beyond the scope I can cover here..

In general, symmetry in the load circuit as well as in the gate circuit is the most important lever to utilize these larger SiC-Mosfet modules effectively.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
electricuwe
10 sign-ins First question asked 5 sign-ins
We have provided two pairs of gate sources pins to minimize gate circuit inductance.

For optimum driving place the driver in the center in between the the two sets of control pins and provide symmetrical low inductance connections to both of them. Using two separate gate resistors (twice the value we refer to in the datasheet) is optional as we already have individual integrated gate resistors on each chip. In case there are restrictions in the symmetry of your layout other options to connect are possible, but explaining this is beyond the scope I can cover here..

In general, symmetry in the load circuit as well as in the gate circuit is the most important lever to utilize these larger SiC-Mosfet modules effectively.
0 Likes