Trouble when using BTN8982

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18055
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked
"I'm using BTN8982 with an arduino mega, and I did the exactly same circuit as shown in the datasheet. In my pcb, I use 4 chips, in 2 H-bridges.

In the first H-bridge, one chip is working perfectly fine, the other one is always turned ON, doesn't matter the voltage i'm driving it. I measured the IN pin of the defective chip and it's always around 1.8v, regardless the voltage on the 10k resistor.

In the second H-bridge, none of the chips are working, the output is always low, the IN pins are alwasy low, regardless of the voltage on the 10k resistor."
0 Likes
3 Replies
bingquan
Employee
Employee
Hello, could you please share the schematic of your circuit? I think we could help you more with it. For the moment, it looks like the devices are broken or the Arduino board is broken. Please check the impedence between different pins of the device to see if the device is broken(shorted).
0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
User18127
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same problem here. I use the chip to make motor drivers for robots. Some of the boards I have these exactly same issue, in others, It works perfectly. All the boards I use for the same model of motor, and I use a standalone ATmega2560 (from Arduino Mega) in other board to control them.
0 Likes
JingN
First like received First solution authored 25 replies posted
If one half bridge works fine but the other doesn't work properly, normally the issue comes from your board, not the device itself.
Please check the PCB and the layout. If it possible, you can also share some measurement result(e.g. screenshot from oscilloscope) to us. We can support more based on the detailed information.
0 Likes